New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
bigratfan
SHOW GUEST

Hello racing junkies! My name is Brock and like all of you I'm a gear head. I'm currently in the process of putting my 70 Chevelle back together after my 540 chucked a lifter last fall. I'm having Nyes automotive handle the build and if all goes well, I will be slamming gears with my tremec 5 speed late this month. Will post pics as soon as my wife shows me how.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM
COEPITT
SHOW GUEST

Hey y'all,

I've been lurking around here for a couple of years and figured it was time for me to become a little bit more proactive.

~Ron
Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Welocme Y'all ! Yep it's spelled correctly. Welocme ! It's from the big clumsy fingers language.

Mark yer tools !
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RetiredTrucker
SHOW GUEST

Default Hello from central IL.

Hello everyone, I'm Russ from Lexington, IL. I'll be retiring in the next few months, and I'm looking for a project car to build over the winter. I've always been partial to Nova's, 1968-72's. I've been out of touch so to speak for quite awhile, so I'm looking forward to jumping right in and getting my hands dirty, and any and all advice I can get along the way is greatly appreciated. I've been pricing enclosed race car trailers as well. My 24 year old wants to get into stock car racing next year but I think we'll start him out in the 4 cylinder hornet class and see how he does. You all have a lot of information on here, so I'm going to start looking for a Nova project car, a 4 cylinder stock car, and an enclosed goose neck trailer. That should keep me busy for a while. Take care and I look forward to meeting you all. Russ
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome retired! The Nova you picked is a very good move with tons of aftermarket parts available. Have fun with the site.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:00 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome aboard !
re; hornet car. Go to the track you intend on racing at and see which year/make/model cars are running CONSISTENTLY up front. That'l' give you an idea of what works there. At the end of the season there will be a few cars for sale as the drivers are either building a new car for the following season or moving up a class. As usual, check these out thoroughly for build quality/safety/wreckage repairs, some will be ready for the crusher. Even though your boy is 'just starting out' you don't want a POS to start with and risk big disappointment. Circle track is a VERY high maintenance( for the car) sport. HAVING FUN is what it's all about, keep it simple and keep it fun.

PS; we are all picture junkies here on RJ so 'progress shots' are encouraged !
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome Russ, we are kind of neighbors, I live just west of Bloomington!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
blazaboy86
SHOW GUEST

Default New Guy from Fort Riley,KS

I've been on the site for a while but never got into the forums. This is a great site. I'm building my s10 Blazer for the strip so I'll be around.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM
eddyjas
SHOW GUEST

Default Hello -Board Members

Thank you for being part of this community as here to share knowledge about trailers for sale
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
charleywiznut
SHOW GUEST

Default newbe

heys guys! nice to hear newbe's are welcome to jump right in. I aint no racer from old but looking to build my 83 c10 shorty. Oh yeah....my name is charlie wizeldridge from Daytona Beach. I live in upstate ny right now due to employment. I HATE THIS WEATHER But atleast i see a nice pay check every week. anyway.... just bought a 9" rear and truck is headed for narrowed frame rails/4 link ect. I deff. gonna need some advice and direction on choosing parts. I just want to get the chassis and body complete for starters. truck has a tired 305/4 with headers. regardless of being tired the 305 is wimpy. I would like to go with 383 stroker staying in the street performance. I want to drive this truck more than i want to run 9's maybe after that faze i will want to go all out racing. I just finished a old school harley with big inch stroker engine. tons of cash into this bike. I may even consider selling this softail to finance building this truck...But then again i would have to pry my hands off this bike to do so. With that said...thanks for the invitation and hope to hear something good from you gear heads LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -