bbc heads?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

ProComp makes a set of closed chamber heads, but i wouldn't recommend them for more than 200 lbs valve seat pressure. They come with 2.250 int and 1.880 exh valve seats. They will make over 500 hp with a .600 lift cam with the right intake,carb, and headers. Being a procomp dealer i've sold a few sets of these heads, but not for racing, also they only come on ovel port intake. and they are cheap.

JMO

Zip.

Sorry i was wrong ProComp does not make a closed chamber head.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

hey zipper...i did not know that pro comp made CLOSED CHAMBER HEADS... if a machinist were to get these... could he make them "last"... i am just a bracket guy... but will run a cam about 650 lift.. don't mind speending a little more for heads that will last... thanks caveman
Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

UH'OH Caveman, i made a mistake, the PC's are not closed chamber, sorry my mistake. I think Dart makes a set of closed chamber, round int. runner and i think my friend has a set of them, he's going to take a look at them and call me back in a couple hrs.
Sorry for misleading you on the PC's.

Zip.

There's lot's of closed chamber heads listed on Ebay for sale, most are large ovel intake runners. I ran a set of these heads in the mid 80's on a 427 in a 3500 lb Chevelle and it ran low 11's. Here is a few of the listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BLOCK-CH...sories&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Block-ch...sories&vxp=mtr

Now here is the real deal on closed chamber heads

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BIG-BLO...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

heck thats ok.... i am tust trying to avoid buying new pistons... lol...any help is greatly appericated... caveman
Old 01-07-2012, 12:44 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Heads

Caveman,
For what you want to do?
Buy a set of Brodix,Darts or AFR's.The QUALITY is NO Comparison,and buy the Time you WAISTE a BUNCH of $$$ on that Pro`Comp SCRAP,you wont be Much Different in MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

hey bbchevy..... you are right ... i do not want ...pro comp... do any others make the small chamber heads...i wan't to keep the weight down... other wise i would run cast iron... they are availble... wan't to keep price around $1400.00.... thanks caveman
Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Heads

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Caveman,
For what you want to do?
Buy a set of Brodix,Darts or AFR's.The QUALITY is NO Comparison,and buy the Time you WAISTE a BUNCH of $$$ on that Pro`Comp SCRAP,you wont be Much Different in MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
Later
G 8)
X2
Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

any body know of a good aluminum ..CLOSED CHAMBER.. CYL HEAD... 109CC.....PREFER A fairley decent PRICE...LOL........thanks caveman...
Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

CHANGE THE PISTONS..... AND MOVE IN TO THE 21ST CENTURY.. GO OPEN CAMBER, AND GET IT OVER WITH.. JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH. :lol: :roll:
Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
mechanicmike57
SHOW GUEST

Default bbc heads?

There's reasons people don't use the old school stuff anymore it's a new age in racing. Get with tha times. But I did hear that you AARP premium could increase if they find out your racing. Lmfao j/k where's my metamucil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -