Electrical problem

Old 07-15-2009, 10:15 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Electrical problem

I have Buddy working on a ford ranger about a 1988 that shuts down when you hook the amp gage wire up.The Alt has 2 plugs which the amp gage wire runs from one of them,the wire runs from the alt to the gage & from the gage to the ign switch.the Ign has been replaced,the alt & the Inst.panel has been replaced.The truck runs fine until you connect the amp wire & its like you turned the key off.Anyone experienced this problem? I appreciate any & all help--
Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Trace the wire shorted to ground somewhere, the wire in question, snip it at the alt [only if you want] run a new one in it's place, see what happen's :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Already done

I have tried that,Im sure something is going to ground,finding it seems to be my problem-
Old 07-15-2009, 02:34 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default You will never believe!!

He found the problem & this is the 2nd garage thats tried to fix it. I would have never figured it out,(of course Im not best ) Im going to let it stay for awhile & see if anyone can figure it out--Thanx