Who makes a good old school swp sbc alternator bracket???

Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Who makes a good old school swp sbc alternator bracket???

like it says i need a good old school alt bracket for my nova,i cant use the low mount on the left due to the tube chassis and the vega steering box,and the one on the top left with that long banana bracket is just plain gross and it spits off in the 7k range, any help would be great,thank you
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bracket

first of all what pulley do you have on alternator you need the deep groove one that will stop spitting belt and second if you dont like long bracket just cut it reweld it and make it shorter if not what i have done alot of is mount altenator on bottom but i weld brackets to frame and put the slider on the motor and this works great as i never have it in the way and when i pull motor i just roll it away never take it off car...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:53 PM
68bbnova
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I use a March Performance. You can just see some of it in my Racespace pictures. I think it is P/N 20130, but will look for the paperwork to be sure. I tried the passenger side mount one for the SWP, but the belt hit the lower radiator hose :!: It is a very nice piece, and no belts throwing at 7400 RPM.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

how did they do it back it the late 60's with the 302's and the high reving destrokers like mine? I want the engine bay era correct like I built the car
Old 06-25-2008, 07:10 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

With that big ol' banana bracket that you don't like...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

i am usuing the top notched belts and they don't come off, before i was usuing the bottom notched belts and they wouldn't stay on mine is a dayco