1970 monte carlo fiberglass 85% body. need advice

Old 10-21-2009, 05:01 AM
ranger41
SHOW GUEST

Default 1970 monte carlo fiberglass 85% body. need advice

I am in the process of restoring my 70 monte carlo. just got a bored 454 back from the machine shop and going to supercharge it as well. knocking up a suspected 1000 lbs from installing a fiberglass hood, profrontend-fenders,grill, headlight assemble, front bumber, fiberglass doors, trunk lid, and rear bumpers and doing lexan windows as well. I can knock weight off and make the car quicker but is my traction going to be gone. should i modify the frame and run a 16 point roll cage though it for strength. my intention to to build the engine to make 10:5:1 compression to run the car on pump gas. this monte is intended for high performance street application. also the pro front end i want to buy has no holes punched out in the grill or turn signal or head lights. how do you punch them out with out messing up the fiberglass and whats the best way to make fiberglass fit just right. the site im buyiung from is glasstek.com.