Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Originally Posted by davis419b
THIER ARE NONE !!!!!!!
I guess if you like pipe racks
I prefer doors myself :P
Doors are for cars that go roundy-round!
LOL Don I think they weld the doors shut on them don't they?Its almost like getting into a pipe rack and stock car are about the same :P :P :P
Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

LMAO Tom, you just like having all that body around you to keep the wind from blowing in your face.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Disadvantage to a dragster???? I guess it can be difficult when it rains out :lol: . Door cars??? A vehicle with doors belongs hooked to a trailer . Real racecars don't have doors.

Seriously, with a dragster there is a lot of advantage. Vision on the track, having your race be in front of you where you can see your wheel, cleaner look at a tree with no glass to distract you, being able to go faster without having to build a big RPM monster motor, easier to maintance or work on if need be, easier to keep motor cool, easier on parts all around....should I keep going?

I got 3 to choose from on here. Start with this link and see my other ads:
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/10530...Suspended.html
Old 12-16-2007, 06:01 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Of course everybody has there opinion. :lol:
Here's mine.
If you want to make money bracket racing, buy a Dragster and kick butt. They are deadly consistent.
If you want to have fun, get a door that pulls the wheels for 60 ft, run a stick and shift your butt off.
They way I figure it if I gunna lose I might as well have fun while I'm losing.
Pulling the wheels and shifting is my way of having fun. I had a chassis car with a Lenco. It was fun too :wink:
Bottom line is I don't and never have made much money Drag Racing so I'm gunna go with the having fun part.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:11 AM
oldtimer
APPRENTICE

Get an altered.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
If you want to have fun, get a door that pulls the wheels for 60 ft, run a stick and shift your butt off.
They way I figure it if I gunna lose I might as well have fun while I'm losing.
Pulling the wheels and shifting is my way of having fun.
Bottom line is I don't and never have made much money Drag Racing so I'm gunna go with the having fun part.
HELL YES!!! you just gained a point in my book! good post. :mrgreen:
Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THAT IS WHY I BUILT THIS!!!---SHIFTING AND WHEELIES!!! :lol: :lol:

LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
TOSTORACING
SHOW GUEST

One vote for door car here with 3 pedals

I've never driven a dragster ,but they just don't look like much fun just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:41 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TOSTORACING
One vote for door car here with 3 pedals

I've never driven a dragster ,but they just don't look like much fun just my opinion.
They are a lot more fun :lol:

I've drove door cars and several dragster from 4.50 to 5.60's in the 1/8th. Nothing like being out in the open with a clear vison. One of the best ride I had in a dragster was this past March @ Bowling Green, first pass of the year in almost sea level air, it carried the front wheels up about 6-8" for around 30 ft, just enough to give the wheel the weightless feeling. Much harder to do in a dragster then in a door car it was cool
Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Default doorslammer or dragster

If you want to look good get a doorcar. If you want to kick butts and take names get a dragster. Nothing like the open air...bad downfalls are the long trailers, low ground clearance and heavy duty cleaning. Lynch had a awesome 4.90 cavalier at Bowling Green this year in March. Can be done with a doorslammer, and when they do you know you have accomplished something. I think at 12 cars in the 10,000 they were all dragsters (including my younger brother Toby) and 1 doorcar which was lynch. Even late into the morning that thing was on a string. It was a blast to watch.

Oh yeah.....4 links are for doorslammers!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -