the best pinks show ever

Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

there is a whole lot more jollies in a 9.0 street trim door slammer than a 8.0 rail.....least from my experience it is...

i say keep pinks at the street trim level..small tire 3k lbs and start doing it like the old days...body weight per cubic inches....if they do not index these boys like they do it could get crazy as CRAZY CAN GET...and turn into the fastest car shootout...and what you got there is a backhalf car with a pro-mod motor 10.5 outlaw car...its not realistic to why pinks was born. ( let me tell you nothing wrong with a 10.5 shoot out either) BUT YOU just can't compare a camel to a donkey..it will never mix..lol

pinks came from long time ago street races that took places on backroads late at night or early mornings...with some crazy a$$ person willing to stand in the middle of two cars racing by flagging them off.....mostly cash at stake but there were some guys back then that ran title for title ( pinks)

if you want a fastest car shoot out..you sure as hell aint gonna get no-one standing 20 ft in front of them hand flagging......

let me tell you there ain't nothing slack about Tim and Todd Tosto street trim rides running lower to mid 9 second 1/4 miles passes..small tires 3k lbs and shifting gears...as a mater of fact you could just see one of those cars sitting beside you at a red light......DO YOU FEEL LUCKY !!!...

Morale here is don't think a true street trim,3klb ,gear jamming, small tire car is easy to get down the track at 9.0 seconds.....don't beleive me then try it.....i have done it with an automatic..would have to eat some wheaties to do it with true stick...

my 2 cents.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Brian,

I agree.
Pinks is set up for street type cars as in old school street racing.

I for one do not remember any rails or funny cars out cruising on a Friday or Saturday night and then going to an abandoned road to race.

I say if you want to see those cars tune into NHRA Today and get your fill, I happen to watch both.

I have seen a 1700hp vette and a 1500 hp nova on the show, but neither could run all out because of a poorly prepped track.
Both cars were street legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your right about the cars the Tosto family have. All are fast as hell, are driveable on the street and would out run most rails in a bracket race.

Oh and a 5.20 1/8th is about an 8.10-8.15 in the 1/4 not 7's.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

i didnt say they need dragsters on the show....bcuz they dont....i said faster cars that run like a real street car would that aint stock with an air cleaner...pinks was created to show fast cars and ive seen plenty of 8 second street cars and if you look at where he stands then you will see he's been standin in front of the tree so they can line up right so he would be out of danger......im not saying slow cars shouldn race, im just sayin not every week, the same slow cars everytime is boorrrring
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

alwaysconsistent,

I deleted your last post.
There is no room here for that kind of attitude.

You can have your opinion but keep it to pm's if all your going to do is slam folks and be negative!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

another thing that ruins that show is when RICH says if yall dont agree to a race then ill award the win to the other person or that he will take both cars....that just takes the fun out of the show and makes me turn the channel.....im surprised somebody hasnt slapped the taste out his mouth when he says somethin dumb like that
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
rabiddawg
DYNO TECH

I havent seen a new show in months?
just repeats too.
though they just did a pinks show up here at lebanon valley dragway 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
. I wanna see some wheelie starts and some action.
YOU DON'T SEE BETTER WHEELSTANDS than the show Tosto brothers put on. :? There have been quite a few small tire cars that caried the front tires ..the Mustang with the 406 that ran the big block camaro and then there was another show with 2 fox bodied mustangs...granted there have been some 12 second cars but to say all the cars are slow is just silly in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

mid 10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Ive driven all types of rides from dragsters that ran in the 7s to my tow vehicle that ran in the teens Altereds & gassers included .
There has been dragsters on Pinks all out but not the Original Pinks Reason being Its A show for street cars or as close to it .
A FED is a fun & sometime Scary ride and so are some of the short or Altered Wheel base cars Ive ran .But my favorite is A door car even if it was running 7s in the 1/8 to drive it to the track and line up agianst a RED cut A 006 light collect the win light & turn the AIr Conditioning back on on the return road Is A blast . Im not knocking REDs in no way shape or form To me they are just Point & squirt and sometimes even boring .In A door car or other rides weather it is a 12sec ride to A 8sec ride in the 1/4 takes some finesse & the Sphincter factor is Way up there .
So it doesnt really matter How fast you go as long as you enjoy it .
The Totso,s episode was really awesome & I would have loved to have been behind the wheel of either of the brothers rides .
GREAT JOB GUYS

So Please stop trying to hyjack this thread Start A new one Im sure everyone will post on it .
JM2cents
Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by alwaysconsistent
10s and slower is slow.... them cars dont even run in the 6's in the 8th...
Who's cars are you talking about not running in the 6's????????????????????
I hope your not talking about our cars. Cause if you are you don't know nothing about me or my cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -