Calling ZER'O' out......

Old 04-25-2013, 05:46 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Calling ZER'O' out......

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
Here's a letter I wrote that the local Paper published today;

The Sunday Chieftain (Tell it, April 21), had several angry letters denigrating Pueblo County Sheriff Kirk Taylor for "shirking his duty" in regard to his (finally) announced stand on gun control laws passed by the Colorado State Legislature this year. While I wasn't impressed with his waffling on the subject over a period of two months, his decision to enforce the enforceable and not to bother with the unenforceable only makes sense.

A policeman (or sheriff's deputy) isn't a judge nor a lawmaker, so he has little time or budget to decide when or where a 30 round magazine in some citizen's gun was bought or given to him. Nor does he have time to prove ownership of a firearm by the person possessing the same.

His obligation stops once the firearm has been cleared and declared "legal" in the NCIC check, as one has to assume the current possessor is the legal possessor. And unless the firearm is defaced, stolen or its possessor is not legally allowed to possess that firearm, how does he check to see if the possessor passed a background check?

He doesn't, because it's probably impossible.

Thus, the sheriff's stance. He certainly isn't picking and choosing what law(s) he will enforce as the current president and his Department of Justice have done repeatedly. He's just doing what is and isn't possible within the framework of his constitutional duties, as are most of the law enforcement in this country. The fact that Barack Obama can put a wall of blue behind him at a campaign speech doesn't mean the majority of law enforcement believes in "gun control." They don't, they believe in "crime control" which involves tougher sentencing of offenders using firearms or illegal firearms at the state level.

Feel-good, "doing something" laws do not make anyone safer, but instead tie up the law enforcement that we don't seem to have enough of. Self-important lawmakers do things they seem to think will help them get re-elected.
It's time for some common sense when dealing with crime on the streets.
We are 42 miles South of El Paso County where Sheriff Terry Makita holds office.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Originally Posted by Scooterz
At the very least, I think Islam is at war w/ us.
I think you've stated the evident.

If you read the Quran, and take it for what it says, not what might be implied, Muhammud declared war on the Christians and Jews (and all other religions) when the first Quran was written. If I remember correctly that was about 710 A.D. or so. So the war didn't start yesterday . . .

The fact that the Jihadists "Are but a few" of the Islamic Nation(s) doesn't explain the silence of the majority, who either say nothing or dance in the streets when an attack on the West is successful.
http://www.businessinsider.com/anjem...oly-war-2013-2
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Excuse me while I PUKE. What waste of oxygen sucking space that clown is (Jihad link). I know kinda stated the obvious; but I am expressing frustration our gvt politicians who refuse to do the same. I watched Gulianni dance around that subject yesterday for Fox.... he covered for Obamas lack of acknowledgment (jihad terror) & went into a long bureaucratic dissertation while avoiding the root.

So- I have derailed this thread & went on another tirade about what we already know: America is dying & needs to be resuscitated soon or we will lost for good.

Please forgive my ranting. The gun issues do correlate to this however. On my last day, whenever my number is up, I will be "clinging to my bible & my guns"... I am happy to die before ever submitting to any Islamic/Muslim ideology... I am quite sure many of you feel the same. Okay- I am done. Sorry.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Scooterz, You will not be alone!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

There are more of U.S. than them ........
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

the quran, a book written by a sandfly that had heat stroke.......while doing it with his camel............. thats on the back of my car!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sumbitches.

If we pay taxes & live in America, we are a Jihad target... even if I were a Muslim. Bottom line.

That means when I see a towel-head, I am watching them as a potential threat... period.

"Religion of peace" my aching azz... enough is enough.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/04/2...ate-testimony/