Beware of Richard Norman in Hammond, IN.!!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Also, in Spreull's case, what I was referring to is having YOUR bank do a "courtesy request transaction" to see if the issued check has the funds in the account ready for payment.
If the clerk finds out from the issuing bank that there are NOT sufficient funds in the account to cover that check at that present time, she will not let you deposit it into your account, or let you attempt to cash it.
It only takes a minute, but saves hours of heartbreak frustration...
Jim
Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

And Yes Scorp, I realize this is Spruell's case, not yours, but I was conversing with both of you (and everyone else who is watching this) st the same time in open public dialog.
Also, everyone please excuse my typing errors, I got in a hurry and forgot to use spellcheck... ops:

Jim
Old 11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Not interested in a debate so I'll pass.

I know whats been successful for me, but lets just leave it Spruell to determine whats best for him.

later
Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Dumas1
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the input guys. The deposit was a non-refundable transaction but that was also a verbal agreement between the two of us. I have decided to turn the check over to the DA's office tomorrow and see what comes of it. I haven't thought about a civil suit yet but if the DA's office denies my request that may be an alternative action. I know that its only 500.00's but a courtesy call from him with an explanation would have been worth a thousand words or in this case 500.00. What ever happen to a man and his word? I will post back tomorrow and let you guys in the forum know what the DA's office has to say. Thanks again,keith
Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Spurell:

I hear you. A man's word... not the same today as it used to be. Now, we need disclaimers, lawyers/court appointed attorneys, judges, waivers, DNA samples, 500pg. closing doc's, rectal exam's, co-signers, lien holder position, extra insurance, etc.... it is sad.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Spurell:

I hear you. A man's word... not the same today as it used to be. Now, we need disclaimers, lawyers/court appointed attorneys, judges, waivers, DNA samples, 500pg. closing doc's, rectal exam's, co-signers, lien holder position, extra insurance, etc.... it is sad.
You forgot right to first born child...Yes, it's sad, I miss those days.
Dave
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Word?

I just Reread your Initial responce?My Reply was because I NEVER seen anything in the Ad that said a Word about a DEPOSIT?I did see the Word Hold,but NOT DEPOSIT?
Dont get me wrong,but The Way of the World is just............well just Forget it?
Good Luck!
later
G 8)
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Dumas1
SHOW GUEST

Yes, it was a deposit or down payment on the car. On the memo section of his check he wrote 500.00 deposit and then wrote what the remaining balance was and also wrote(described)what he was paying for. I took it to the DA's office today and they turned me to the police jury. They(da's office) said that when the check came back nsf it was a a matter that they handle but when it was ran the second time and it came back stop payment it became a civil suit matter. I am now waiting for a call back from the police jury. I'll post more details as they develope. keith
Old 11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by SPRUELL1
Yes, it was a deposit or down payment on the car. On the memo section of his check he wrote 500.00 deposit and then wrote what the remaining balance was and also wrote(described)what he was paying for. I took it to the DA's office today and they turned me to the police jury. They(da's office) said that when the check came back nsf it was a a matter that they handle but when it was ran the second time and it came back stop payment it became a civil suit matter. I am now waiting for a call back from the police jury. I'll post more details as they develope. keith
So LE said it was a valid criminal complaint until the check had a stop payment placed on it at which time it became a civil case. This tracks to my two posts before the fraud Investigator told me it didnt work that way.

Seems we Finance guys arent so dumb after all.

Good Luck,

Scorp
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Ok, Now wait just a minute! I didn't hear Spreull say ANYTHING about telling the DA that the buyer HAD NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING OF TANGIBLE VALUE FOR THE CHECK YET!

If he had, I GUARANTEE the DA would have said. "Oh, well in that case then, the check was only an "I-Owe-You" hold to secure that [Spruell] did not sell it to anyone else before buyer had a chance to complet the full purchase with the ENTIRE FULL amount in CASH or a combo of now-sufficient funds check and remaining balance upon trade of goods.

Yes the DA DOES take NSF checks, but ONLY if ALL of the ELEMENTS of the statute have been met...

Geeesh Scorp... I though we were all suppose to be friends helping friends out here with bits of advice each one of us has some or a lot of expertice in. I din't know this was a playground for bragging "my weenie is bigger than your weenie, and I am smarter than you are, na na na na!"

Ok, Scorp, you win... two slams in a row... yes, I am just one big ignorant dumbass of no value to this site, so I will keep my mouth shut and let you all have your fun by yourselves...

If anyone else sees any bullshit nonsnese in my attempt to be helpful posts, please let me know and I will retract all my ignorant revelations!

Or, if anyone thinks Scorp has crossed over the line, please let me know that too... if you are not scared of him and not affraid he will slam you too.

You go Scorp the Bully... attack everyone, friend and foe alike... good job man... you're the MAN! You're head has gotten too big there, big man!

Sorry Dennis, I guess I was not a good choice to invite to your forum after-all, so I will just go away now... thanks anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -