PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!?!?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!?!?

Hey, Some of you may remember me from a few months back. My name is Ryan from Niles, Michigan. I had just traded my truck for my dream car. It was a green '81 Camaro with a 355ci & 350 turbo trans, beautiful wheels and tires..etc...I was as happy as I could be.

I DO have an add on Racingjunk.com in Street Cars

Well, here we are months later & because (some of you may know) my fiance had her car stolen and totaled. We were trying to save up money to get a new one. Well, we did save up a little bit But we are stuck roughly $2,500 short of being able to get this vehicle for Jess, my 4 year old, and my 1 year old...So, of course this put me in a bad position considering my Tahoe STILL needs a throttle body...

LOOONG story short, I HAVE TO sell my '81 Camaro for $2,500 so I can get my family in to a safe vehicle again. If you ask me, what I am asking for what I am selling is a GREAT deal! But for some reason It's like I can't get the word out, or people just want to rip me off...All I am posting for is in hopes maybe some local MIGHT want to look at it, maybe help us out...this would really NOW be like doing my family a favor..we have absolutely NO other option..trust me, if we did...I would be driving my Camaro everywhere every day.

If anyone wants to see pictures, let me know and I can send as many as they need. Also, If your close enough, I can simply drive this car to you.

This pic was taken at the previous seller's house. The car looks better now that it is washed & cleaned up. LEFT

Interior is also in great condition.

RIGHT

Motor doesn't look THAT great, but I assure you it runs EXCELLENT
Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

LOL. 52 views & everyone said "fawk it, no need to reply to this tit"

Kinda rude? lol...I suppose it IS a different world then it used to be..Not that I ever got to experience a world where people car for one another, Or simply help each other, I'm only 24...

No, I'm not playing a "feel bad" thing here to get attention or whatever. I simply have no other option to get together the money for my family. Had our car not been stolen and totaled I would have a nice 81 Camaro that I would be washing every other day.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

First, way to put your family first... that is what is the most important. Toys can come & go... but family is first.

You have been pretty open about this; so i will give you my .02 cents.

1. The market is tough & gas is 4.00/gal here in Oregon.
2. The market here (may not be the same elsewhere!! My opinion only!!) for 75 to 81 Camaro's is very soft. A V8/Auto car in good condition will sell for less than 2K in the open market here. Quick sell or auction will bring 1K to 1500.00. The engine being re-built or different really has no bearing on the car much (unless it is a race car). It is tough when you probably have more than that in it. It may be that no one here wants to hurt your feelings. Personally, I think if you had stock wheels or rallies on the car it would have no difference in the value at this point. Maybe sell them separate to someone who appreciates them.

3. This part of the forum is for guys to get away from selling, SPAM, offers, etc... so we can talk about racing, hot rods, & our day in & day out conversations about being friends. Don't get discouraged; this is a great place to hang. I would love to tell you good news/lift you up, but I have been in your shoes too many times & had to take less than what I felt something was worth. At any rate, I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck & God bless!! scooter
Old 05-06-2011, 07:19 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

try second gen camaro forums also
www.camaroforums.com
Old 05-08-2011, 03:40 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

man if the car runs whats the problem using the maro as a family car? i had 2 kids and a wife and we have had a 74 camaro, 67 chevelle and quite a few 55 210s ,a 49 ford etc as family cars.those camaros hold 2 baby seats well.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw brings up a good point here...
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

is that atv thing yours in the back ground?