New Forum

Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I have a couple items that are annoying. When I go to forum actions, then general settings there is a pop up ad obscuring part of my options. Once there the only way I see to go back to the forum is by clicking the forum button at the top of the page, it then opens a new tab. I'm giving things a chance, not in love with the way it all works so far, but I don't like change so I will reserve the right to throw a fit about it later. LOL

Curtis
Old 03-19-2014, 02:37 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default change

Originally Posted by badfordfreak View Post
well i really do not like it, sometimes change is good.......othertimes not so much.
Well now for sure this sucks. Now there is pop up advertising in the forum section, Rabbit said it best, its the worst I have seen.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:03 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I've tried several times to add my avatar and haven't been able to get it to load.
I'll keep on till I figure it out.

RJ can you send a mass email out to the forum users and tell them the old link doesn't work? Most of us have the forum saved as a "favorite" on our computers and that link no longer works.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I don't have any pop ups. You guys can change that in your computers.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:28 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

On the old board, I would just hit the forum link at the top of the page when I was browsing. Now when you do that t opens it up in another window. I would like to see that changed back...
Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

And still can't log in on my phone. When I hit the log in option, it takes me to the main page, and I am logged in there (the ads section) I tried to log out and log back in, but it only logs me in to the main page, not the forum...
Old 03-19-2014, 09:49 PM
oldblu65
APPRENTICE

Arrived and thought I'd got off at the wrong bus stop ? Was this forum change a planned event or.... ? So far , I prefer the old forum but I likely will adjust quickly . I had no problem with logging in and that is often a prime problem when forums are switched to a new format . Hopefully everything will continue to operate as intended ! Good luck !
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Not just you Rabbit on the avatar. I have my avatar that is just under the max allowed in both dimensions but when I save the changes after uploading, it will give an error message that upload failed...

And I tried to quote you and then post what I wrote above with it, but it wouldn't let me. Said I need at least ten characters to be able to post. So that needs tweeking as well admins...
Old 03-20-2014, 04:26 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well at least I can finally get in to edit my profile!
I setup up my avatar but do not see it or anybody else's?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-20-2014, 09:53 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
Not just you Rabbit on the avatar. I have my avatar that is just under the max allowed in both dimensions but when I save the changes after uploading, it will give an error message that upload failed...

And I tried to quote you and then post what I wrote above with it, but it wouldn't let me. Said I need at least ten characters to be able to post. So that needs tweeking as well admins...

Same thing for my avatar.

As far as the quote I had that same thing the other day and I forget how it happened.
This type of forum works different than any other I've been on
It's gonna take all of us to figure this thing out.
Keep posting stuff as y'all figure it out. Lol

I still can't log in on my home computer. When I enter my info it acts like it logged me in but it doesn't.

I hope we don't loose some guys, especially the core group with this new forum.

Last edited by TheRabbit; 03-20-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -