Has anyone else had a bad experience with Naylor Racing??

Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
The dyno operator & I went over all the data and called over to a Ron's dealer and had him come over and look over the data with us.Everything is within specs.
Looking at the dyno sheet that Naylor had you post, my engine is way down on power from the beginning compared to that 1059 hp engine.
You side stepped answering my question. Rons dealer or not doesnt mean he knew what he was doing. You also may of confirmed you have a fuel issue the entire time, a fuel pump issue possible if it was down a bunch. Id like to see the true dyno sheet not the printed copy that you have that shows very little data. Data dont lie
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

There is no fuel pressure issue's,if they were we would have corrected them on the dyno!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

There is no fuel pressure issue's,if they were we would have corrected them on the dyno!
I have a similar to hammertimes :?: , i've never seen a flow/pressure chart from ron's, when you send a pump in to get repaired or flowed they only say they are in spec's.
A couple yrs ago i was helping a friend with a 512" Ford motor setup a 4.1 toilet bowl on his car. It kept laying down about 7,000 RPM's and would only run 5.80 in his 2400 lb T'bird. As i said earlier i donot use Ron's pumps. I sold my friend a DSR -1 pump and the car immediately went 5.62,5.64,and 5.65 before it broke the rearend housing in half, just saying. Also what size nozzles are you running :?: They should be .038's or .040's with that many inches. Either one or both of these issues could cause the motor to be down on power.
Again that's why i run DSR or Enderle pumps i know exactly what the flow rate is and what the pressure is.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

A fresh of eyes could actually help you Billy. If you have egt and/or o2 numbers for the entire pulls, we could put that issue to rest right quick. David is "the man" for running alcohol and Ron's stuff and will help you if you let him. I know you are certain that it's not a fuel system issue, but an opinion from someone who knows his stuff and doesn't have a dog in this fight might be a good idea......

Johnny
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hi Zip,
We had a Ron's dealer who sells, installs & runs them on his own car come & look at the dyno results that showed the fuel pressure, EGT and CO2. They were all within specs, if there had been anything questionable on the fuel system we would have corrected it right then. The engine made the most power with #40 nozzles and #86 pill in the return line, timing at 32 degrees. This setup made the most power any leaner or richer resulted in a loss of hp. In other words, we fine tuned the fuel system & timing to get the most hp possible.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hi Zip,
We had a Ron's dealer who sells, installs & runs them on his own car come & look at the dyno results that showed the fuel pressure, EGT and CO2. They were all within specs, if there had been anything questionable on the fuel system we would have corrected it right then. The engine made the most power with #40 nozzles and #86 pill in the return line, timing at 32 degrees. This setup made the most power any leaner or richer resulted in a loss of hp. In other words, we fine tuned the fuel system & timing to get the most hp possible.
O'K that answers my both my :?: on the fuel system, the nozzles are right and the bypass pill is just about in the middle of where it should run with a -1 pump, kinda makes me wonder about the cam, maybe too small or advanced/retarded too much. I've never built or ran a motor that big, so i don't know what they work best, my biggest motor ever was 540 blown alcohol Rodek so i don't have any answers. SORRY

Zip.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Clearly ... I see you correct a lot on the dyno, anyone that pulled a big engine like that one time and seen it lay over at 6000 anything rpms wouldnt of pulled it twice without looking for that issue ...

I can now see why no one would want to help you ... you side step questions .. give know it all answers ... clearly u got it all figured out :!:
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime

Clearly ... I see you correct a lot on the dyno, anyone that pulled a big engine like that one time and seen it lay over at 6000 anything rpms wouldnt of pulled it twice without looking for that issue ...

I can now see why no one would want to help you ... you side step questions .. give know it all answers ... clearly u got it all figured out :!:

I have answered your questions, not side stepping anything. I had one of the best dyno operators with the latest newest dyno that was also good and used to dynoing engines with Ron's terminators & flying toilets on alcohol. There is no fuel pressure problem whatsoever. However, if you are so sure there are fuel pressure problems - PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!! I will be happy to bring my engine and dyno sheets & put the engine on the dyno, if there is a fuel pressure problem that you can correct and pick the engine up 153 hp like it should be you win the money, if not, I win the money.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime

I have answered your questions, not side stepping anything. I had one of the best dyno operators with the latest newest dyno that was also good and used to dynoing engines with Ron's terminators & flying toilets on alcohol. There is no fuel pressure problem whatsoever. However, if you are so sure there are fuel pressure problems - PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!! I will be happy to bring my engine and dyno sheets & put the engine on the dyno, if there is a fuel pressure problem that you can correct and pick the engine up 153 hp like it should be you win the money, if not, I win the money.
Then show the data off this so called latest and greatest dyno... It will have a sheet that shows o2's, Pretty simple..

How much money you offering .. I get to bring it to a dyno of my choice to make it show 1100 ... easy to flip a dial and make a dyno show what you want, of course you have it in your head that every dyno in the country reads the exact same number and cant be changed ... I can now see why your getting zero help from Naylor ... you act like this to people who offer you advice or help ... your defensive .. and pretty much a prick about it, to anyone and everyone who has anything to say but your 100% right ...
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hi Zip,
O'K that answers my both my :?: on the fuel system, the nozzles are right and the bypass pill is just about in the middle of where it should run with a -1 pump, kinda makes me wonder about the cam, maybe too small or advanced/retarded too much. I've never built or ran a motor that big, so i don't know what they work best, my biggest motor ever was 540 blown alcohol Rodek so i don't have any answers. SORRY

Zip.
That is what we are thinking the to camshaft is small,(I will post the cam card tomorrow if it will help don't have the time now)are it is not degreed in right.Also we are concerned about the heads valve job ect. I would be interested in seeing what you think about the cam size.THANKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -