Which Stroker Crank for SBC 427 Build?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Curtis,

I guess you race at TRP, I haven't been up there to race in the past two years. Last time was with my 97 Camaro at the CDRA finals in 2007 (I think). But I'm a hard-core racer and been racing all the bracket points events at TVRP for several years. I think I've seen your car before at TVRP (or one that looks like), if it is the one in your avatar.

I have a new tube-chassis Cavalier with electronics package, but I been racing it in No-E. I really like the No-E class and the new 427 stroker will go into the Cavalier. I would like to meet you, so possibly we'll run into each other at a race here in Oklahoma.

Warren Dempsey
You have probably seen my car at the CDRA races. I was at the 2007 bracket finals also. I would love to meet you sometime. I haven't been able to race yet this year, but hope to get out by the end of this month. Is that your car in your avatar? Oh and yes I do race at TRP. I try to run both no-e and s/p depending on the event I am running. See you at the races.

Curtis
Old 08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by doorracer
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Curtis,

I guess you race at TRP, I haven't been up there to race in the past two years. Last time was with my 97 Camaro at the CDRA finals in 2007 (I think). But I'm a hard-core racer and been racing all the bracket points events at TVRP for several years. I think I've seen your car before at TVRP (or one that looks like), if it is the one in your avatar.

I have a new tube-chassis Cavalier with electronics package, but I been racing it in No-E. I really like the No-E class and the new 427 stroker will go into the Cavalier. I would like to meet you, so possibly we'll run into each other at a race here in Oklahoma.

Warren Dempsey
You have probably seen my car at the CDRA races. I was at the 2007 bracket finals also. I would love to meet you sometime. I haven't been able to race yet this year, but hope to get out by the end of this month. Is that your car in your avatar? Oh and yes I do race at TRP. I try to run both no-e and s/p depending on the event I am running. See you at the races.

Curtis
Here is a photo of my new tube-chassis Cavalier. I've having a lot of fun racin it this year.

Warren

http://gi77.photobucket.com/groups/j...g?t=1249271354
Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

That is a beautiful car, I bet you are having a ball. Pretty quick too. I will be looking for you at the Finals this year.

Curtis
Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

I went with the 4.00" Dragonslayer crank and 6" Compstar rods. And, I think I made the right decission!

Warren
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Those guys do some really nice work. Shoulda got this one with the new polished finish.

Curtis
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

x2 on the Dragonslayer. Stay away from the Chinese forgings.

I'd recommend Cola, but they're long since out of business unfortunately. I bought a brand new crank from them back in 97, and it's still std/std after all this time.

Good looking Cavalier.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Those guys do some really nice work. Shoulda got this one with the new polished finish.

Curtis
Boy, with the right pistons, that is a flyweight bob weight!!

Dave
Old 05-12-2022, 04:22 AM
murrayjest
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

they are really nice i have used them alot in blower motors and im very happy with there stuff and you get them alittle cheaper then callies..

Last edited by Harbone; 10-08-2022 at 04:37 AM.