Team G on a 496 Thumbs up or down?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 AM
  #11  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by cam67152
Dont mean to hijack your thread but I was thinking of trying the new sniper intake, wondering if anyone has run the Sniper intake? From what I've read in the magazines and on the dyno sheets it looks like a pretty killer intake.

cam67152
Depends on the size of the motor
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
  #12  
itsabird
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 813
Default

hey hammer, do you have any feed on the brodix hv 2007? the runner dividers, look the same as that team g, runners look a little shorter on the team-g.
itsabird is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 AM
  #13  
cepx111
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,044
Default

I have a dart on my 496.
A buddy of mine runs a Team G on his 496, both are untouched out of the box and work very well.

Maybe we just got lucky :roll:

According to our resident intake gurus, they both suck :shock:

For what it's worth.
I had a Team G on a 468 I ran years ago, as with any intake, it responded well to port matching.

Cp
cepx111 is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
  #14  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by itsabird
hey hammer, do you have any feed on the brodix hv 2007? the runner dividers, look the same as that team g, runners look a little shorter on the team-g.
Have not ever played with that intake so can not say
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 AM
  #15  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by cepx111
I have a dart on my 496.
A buddy of mine runs a Team G on his 496, both are untouched out of the box and work very well.

Maybe we just got lucky :roll:

According to our resident intake gurus, they both suck :shock:

Cp

Wait .. if you havent tried anything else how do you know they work well ?? just wondering :wink:
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
  #16  
cepx111
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,044
Default

Oh I dont know, my ets'?

It certainly isnt no slouch for a 496 It's running within a tenth of a couple 540's on alky leaving off the transbrake, if that is any indication?


But your right, I dont know, and I suppose I never will.

I dont normally throw $300 to $400 around just to "try" something different.
It took me over 4 years of saving and shopping around just to get what I got.

I made a informed purchase based on what I read and was told by fellow racers and> IMO it works very well.

Cp
cepx111 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 AM
  #17  
BEAST477
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
BEAST477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,908
Default

Hey Cp, your 496 runs very strong. Every engine is different. If it aint broke don't fix it. Right.
BEAST477 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 AM
  #18  
mytmouz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mytmouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pelahatchie, MS
Posts: 1,002
Default

mytmouz is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
  #19  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by cepx111
Oh I dont know, my ets'?

It certainly isnt no slouch for a 496 It's running within a tenth of a couple 540's on alky leaving off the transbrake, if that is any indication?


But your right, I dont know, and I suppose I never will.

I dont normally throw $300 to $400 around just to "try" something different.
It took me over 4 years of saving and shopping around just to get what I got.

I made a informed purchase based on what I read and was told by fellow racers and> IMO it works very well.

Cp
I was just wondering .. if you havent tried anything else it may work better with something else ya never know

A 468/496 can make a lot of hp if done right and are fast as a 540 due to the block weight mostly but when both are done right a 540 will still walk all over a 496

ps .. 454r's can be had for 100-150 bucks to your door all the time..
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
  #20  
bbchevy
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fountain,MICHIGAN
Posts: 856
Default Intakes

I have been Following along with this Deal.
I have Both Intakes sitting here,454R Torker Untouched.And a Fully Ported Team-G.If they dont go anywhere?
CP you are Welcome to try either 1 or both when the Season starts?
Just give me a shout and I will get them to you 1 way or the Other?That way,you have all 3 Bases Covered!
Later
G 8)
bbchevy is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service