Switching from toilet to carburetor

Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ALL I KNOWS IS WHEN I TRIED TO CHANGE FROM USING A TOILET TO USING A CARB == IT HURT MY" BUTT" TOO MUCH WHEN I SAT ON IT- :cry: :cry: :cry: --SO I KEPT THE TOILET!!!!!!! :x :x :x :xLOL--LOL--LIVELY YOUR FRIEND
Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

I guess we're just hard heads Brian. It's OK for us to be able to have preferences in tires as in GY vs Hoosiers vs M/T but not fuel systems. The only guys I've ever laughed at were the ones thumbing their noses saying My stuff's better than yourrrrr stuff, My stuff's better than yourrrrr stuff, like a playground bully. They go on the trailer just as easily as the next guy.

Then there are the guys that say, "Well, I've been running alky for 15 yrs!" as in "Don't question me!" to which the only thing I can say is that they should have been using turnouts on their exhaust.

George
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

George I hope one of these guys don't come back and tell you how good their toyo tires are :P
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Really!! Oh, the pressure!

George
Old 12-02-2007, 02:50 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Look, all three of you guys are missing it. All i am saying is dont make it look like you run an electic pummp because somebody said it could not be done. It is preference 100% but i chose to tell those who ask questions that i like the belt drive pump systems. You use to be able to do that and everyone had thier opinion but now days if you dont agree with the site administrators or some moderators you got a friggen fight on your hands. WHATS UP WITH THAT !!!!!!! When users browse here and do not post i can see why.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by davis419b
It is preference 100% but i chose to tell those who ask questions that i like the belt drive pump systems. You use to be able to do that and everyone had thier opinion but now days if you dont agree with the site administrators or some moderators you got a friggen fight on your hands. WHATS UP WITH THAT !!!!!!!
I'm glad you agree it's personal preference. Maybe we'll start agreeing on things after all.

No one has ever asked that you agree with admins or moderators. You're entitled to express your views. But in previous posts you certainly chided anyone with thoughts of running an electric pump regardless of their reasons for doing so. That was my beef. In fact in that earlier thread where you and I butted heads you chastised me and said I was leading a poster down the wrong path when I told him how to setup his rear mounted tank/electric pump when that was his question. If he had wanted instructions on how to setup a belt driven pump I would not have tried to convince him to change to an electric. If he had asked which one I thought was best I would tell him but that doesn't make me right or you wrong. I have never disrespected your choice of equipment. I have only asked that you respect others who may choose to do things a little differently than you. If we agree on that then we have no problem.

George
Old 12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

wait a minute Don...you came at me with your 1st reply stating i was trying to make an electric pump sound the best route to go....i have never said this and you and i have never had a one on one discussion about this..

i was just trying to give a guy some help on his set up,,which will require both pumps on his current set up...you came at me to re-hash old news you had with another person on this board..i guess you forgot who your 1st discussion was with..i don't know :?:

but make no mistake when you jump in this post ( aiming at me and putting words in my mouth)..i will respond......dont throw a rock and not expect one to be thrown back...even if i am a Mod...nowhere in the rules it says we have to roll over to inaccurate information or insults......

nobody has ganged up on anyone..i think we all have agreed that both pumps will work and its a preference..
why you trying to take it down another path ????...seriously man..if this is picking on you ..i apologize..

i think we have reached common ground on this fuel pump issue..but if you feel you must re-direct fire away..

here is your 1st post on this thread making the accusations toward me..that prompted this old news to re-hash...

(f i had my druthers on alcohol..it would be a front mounted cell with a mechancial pump...) Brian...... I am so happy to finally hear you say that! You have been making it look like an electric pump was the way to go on alcohol with a carb. Don
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice

i think we have reached common ground on this fuel pump issue..but if you feel you must re-direct fire away..

Brian
We have I think we all use what has worked the best for us !! Like mentioned its like compaired ford to chevy .. some guys just use different stuff and both can work.. I will still swear by my belt drives working awesome for years :P
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I've never run alky but I really liked the comment about the carb not caring where the fuel comes from, mechanical or electric, just so long as the bowls stay full. I have to say I really agree with that statement.

I don't think this would apply to an injection system though?