just ordered new APD CARB

Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

APD is who you want then, Pro System & APD gas stuff is on a equal playing field but alky is a different ball game.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i spoke with Johnny from APD last Thursday..i spent over 45 minutes on the phone with him...we spoke about my set up and the entire APD Company and how they got started etc...

they custom built me an 1150 cfm alcohol carb with external linkage and told me it would be ready to ship by next monday ( 3 days later) ..i got a call on my cell phone Monday confirming my shipping address and the carb was on my door step thursday....all this took place within 7 days..
the carb was dynoed tuned with spec set up card etc...nice looking piece.

i will have to say i have never spoken with a tech guy that took sooo much time to explain things and act like he didn't mind doing it..

i haven't run the carb yet cause the intake is still getting ported...if we have some good 60 degree days i will run it this year sometime..the good thing is that i can switch back and forth with my gas braswell carb...

so far no problems with APD....Pick up the phone and call them..its been a good experience so far...except the price...ouccccchhhhhh...but as they say you get what you pay for...right ??????:

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

you say that as a joke and this day and time it is BUT back in 1982 i had one of the meanest quadrajets on a 68 GTO......That thing would come ON when those 2 large secondaries would open up and you could hear it sucking air 1 mile away.....you know the sound i am speaking of...

it was awesome..

u just brought back some good memories..

Brian

Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

You brought back some memories too. Here's my '68 Goat back in 1972. Me and my Dad celebrating my first win.

George
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

amazing !..mine was red with his and hers hurst shifter and yours ?

that pic is priceless !

Brian

Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

George that is just plan far out. Good pics.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice

that pic is priceless !

Brian
Thanks Wesley. Brian, that pic is a little old and faded some. Silver with the black vinyl top and black vinyl interior. I had the "all his" Hurst Competition Plus 4 sp. shifter. My Dad had never driven a 4 sp. car before. The only 4 sp. he had was in his truck where 1st gear was a granny gear. He goes to drive this thing and takes off in 2nd per his normal routine in his truck. He almost killed the motor, gave it more gas and got the clutch out and laid 30 ft. of rubber with my Mom in the right seat. He came back grinning from ear to ear and my Mom wouldn't talk to him the rest of the day because he scared her so much. Ahhh...life was good!!

George
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Hey Brian,

I'm sure they're a good bunch. I'm just so used to communicating with an email, don't call unless I have to. I know what you mean about the cost....but if I learned anything over the years, it's spend your money smart....buy the best and buy it once!

I'll give them a call in a few weeks. Don't have time to work on it now anyway.

Good luck with the new setup, look forward to hearing (seeing) how it runs!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Awesome

Originally Posted by gdmii
Originally Posted by bjuice

that pic is priceless !

Brian
Thanks Wesley. Brian, that pic is a little old and faded some. Silver with the black vinyl top and black vinyl interior. I had the "all his" Hurst Competition Plus 4 sp. shifter. My Dad had never driven a 4 sp. car before. The only 4 sp. he had was in his truck where 1st gear was a granny gear. He goes to drive this thing and takes off in 2nd per his normal routine in his truck. He almost killed the motor, gave it more gas and got the clutch out and laid 30 ft. of rubber with my Mom in the right seat. He came back grinning from ear to ear and my Mom wouldn't talk to him the rest of the day because he scared her so much. Ahhh...life was good!!

George
Thanks for the fun story George, sure wish our parents could live a little longer, I will miss mine bigtime when they go, but for now, I try to involve them in my racing fun as much as possible. Great pictures, save them for ever
I think if MY dad crawled somehow into my Elky, if he could reach the loud pedal, and start it up, I think that would be enough for him, I think the torque would be the phone call to 911 if he hit the pedal :shock:
Great story, thanks for it.

Elky
Old 11-02-2007, 08:52 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Both of mine have been gone now for quite some time but I remember that day like it was yesterday. Enjoy them all you can.

George