Dealing with hpman

Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Mufflers

Originally Posted by hpman
I had no problem what so ever returning all of the money for the mufflers and paying for shipping back to me as it was a mistake of the muffler pipe size and I sent him an email saying just that. I just got the 3 1/2 collector size in my head and made the mistake when listing the add with several other parts. I also sent 2 very good pictures of the mufflers to him before shipping them. With that said when I seen the pics of the mufflers after they had been cut into 6 pieces I felt at that point it changed everything and they no longer had value to me for resale and were destroyed. I am not out to get anybody and want nothing more but good relations with this site and all the people on it. I have several members I have sold to and never had a problem.......I do have before and after pictures if anyone would like to see them....... Thanks HP MAN[/img]
Donnie I know you didn't mean it, and yes I did cut the collectors, and turndowns off that was my mistake but I can weld them back on, people weld on collectors and turndowns all the time. You consider them destroyed? Please
All is fine though Donnie, thank you for the lesson.

Have a good afternoon-

Aaron
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

don't worry , my man , you didn't hurt anybodys feeling,, I was just letting you know that when you come on here with a problem then you are going to hear from both sides of the fence ,, you just have to decide which side to fall off of. :lol: I do hope you all can work this out , Donnie sounds like a reasonable man and so do you , just get on the phone and solve it , and then come back on here and have a little fun with the rest of us .. Paul AKA THE RATTLER
Old 04-23-2009, 07:09 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Here is my 2 cents worth........ I think hpman should "refund some" of thundermakers money back, as he admits to making a mistake on size, which caused this deal to go sour.
Thundermaker should not have to bear the whole burden of this deal gone bad. :twisted:
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i sold car parts at stores for 25 yrs. i would and could not give a refund on altered parts.no it is not false advertizing, its packaged wrong.had a customer who asked for 10 mains and that was on the box. when he put it together it was dead ass wrong. try ro get me to back it up. was told nothing i could do except give him the 10s no compensation.he took me to court and lost. judge told him it was the human factor and it was his responcibility to check BEFORE he pt it together.sorry brother im sidin with the seller on his one.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i sold car parts at stores for 25 yrs. i would and could not give a refund on altered parts.no it is not false advertizing, its packaged wrong.had a customer who asked for 10 mains and that was on the box. when he put it together it was dead ass wrong. try ro get me to back it up. was told nothing i could do except give him the 10s no compensation.he took me to court and lost. judge told him it was the human factor and it was his responcibility to check BEFORE he pt it together.sorry brother im sidin with the seller on his one.
===============================================
I can see why a judge would side with you in this case, as you were the middleman selling New parts packaged by someone elce, and I agree, that once New parts are altered, that you cannot take them back and sell them as New anymore.

The deal between thundermaker and hpman is Different. Here the seller clearly made the mistake of mis-lableing the size of his Used parts, and he should be held accountable. However, once the buyer cut the parts up, I can see why the seller would not want to make a complete refund, but the seller should still try to mitigate the loss that this has caused to the buyer, and make a parcial refund.

Remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others, as you would want done to you.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:59 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

sorry dont see a lot of difference here. should have measured before he cut.