vega help

Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
duby05
APPRENTICE

Default vega help

I'm looking at a 75 Vega and was curious is anyone could tell me how hard it would be to put a BBC in
Old 10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Vega

I owned a Vega and loved it. It was a small block car.

I think you would be pushing the front suspension if it hasn't already been modified to handle the extra front end weight of the BBC.

You might be better off in the long run finding a car in your price range that already has had a BBC, including front engine plate, mid plate, cross member and headers.

Oil pan clearance is an issue if it has the stock cross member. I had to rework the SBC pan to get the engine down far enough.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
duby05
APPRENTICE

Well its already set up for a SBC and can get this thing with 12pt cage, 9" rear end, slicks and runners, tubbed out with wheelie bar for $2500 maybe even swap my current truck for it. Chassis shop told me it would take $1000 to put the motor in with mid plates and motor plates not including headers and any other stuff that needs to be done
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've had a couple Vega's with sm/blks. i built a wagon with a b/blk, but i did build a rec. tube chassis, using a pinto front end, that was in the late 70's and at that time Hooker made a set of 2" headers for that swap.
Don't know if they still do.

Zip.