throttle controlled a/c???

Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

well mopars advice hasnt lead me astray yet so ill check that tomorow

gusse thats the kind of knowledge you get workin at a dealership hu mopar

and thanks im tired of havin to let off the gas to get a break from this triple digit weather were having down here
Old 07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

mopar,
do the fords have a 1 way check valve in the vacuum line like the dodges did in the 90's? that was a notorious problem back then, the valve would go bad and when you accelerated the system would lose vacuum. those valves are about $4 if I recall...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Well maybe you can fix the Ford and my Chevy 2005 2500hd. Sometimes when you crank it up the ac blows hot. I don't care how long it sits or how much you rev it up it blows hot until you start to drive. When you start driving it turns cool in just a few seconds. Always blows cold once it starts. Chevy replaced the accuator valve and it worked normal last summer, but has started doing this again.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Well maybe you can fix the Ford and my Chevy 2005 2500hd. Sometimes when you crank it up the ac blows hot. I don't care how long it sits or how much you rev it up it blows hot until you start to drive. When you start driving it turns cool in just a few seconds. Always blows cold once it starts. Chevy replaced the accuator valve and it worked normal last summer, but has started doing this again.
check the plug that is rite where passengers foot is on the hump, I have had passengers kick mine lose and caused mine to do the same.(dumb place for wires)
Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Yes Chris they sure do :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I would have to say that the AC is bypassing at high RPMs it builds to much head pressure and doesn't work effectively. Same thing happens if your seating still to long. Only diff is head pressure is high because of heat not RPMs....
Old 07-16-2009, 04:48 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Cooling fan keeps head pressure down, that is why cooling fan mostly works during stop & go traffic, not at highway speeds, wind keeps it cool.

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I agree Mopar1968 but if you stop at a light for very long time on a real hot day the fans won't keep up completely, that's why the air will start to blow warmer. Especially now with 134 A since it expands so much more with heat than the old R12 did...