Hardtail to 4-Link

Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Default Hardtail to 4-Link

Posted this on General board as well:

After owning my hardtail for over two years now, it's time to look at some suspension. Local track top end is going to kill me. Car flexes at dips and then recoils to the point I've had all 4 wheels off the ground. Before I kill myself.....I gotta get some suspension. Here's my question:

Talked to a local fab guy about proccess and price and have a $ figure from him.

Any "experienced" folks here have an idea of how much this should cost and what's involved?

Any recomendations for a shop/guy in northern Ohio?

Ran a charity race in October. Car bottomed out 3 times. Hit so hard busted my dial in board and shut the power off. Starting to lose the urge to keep going out.

Help?

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Sponsor
SHOW GUEST

Default Dragster Chassis

Call Bryan Arriola in Texas. He is the "Tin Man" of the "Tin Man Dragster" fame. 979-251-1521. He is back in business and can lead you in the right direction.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Hardtail to 4-Link

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis
Posted this on General board as well:

After owning my hardtail for over two years now, it's time to look at some suspension. Local track top end is going to kill me. Car flexes at dips and then recoils to the point I've had all 4 wheels off the ground. Before I kill myself.....I gotta get some suspension. Here's my question:

Talked to a local fab guy about proccess and price and have a $ figure from him.

Any "experienced" folks here have an idea of how much this should cost and what's involved?

Any recomendations for a shop/guy in northern Ohio?

Ran a charity race in October. Car bottomed out 3 times. Hit so hard busted my dial in board and shut the power off. Starting to lose the urge to keep going out.

Help?

Thanks.
I've priced it from several people before getting my first car backhalfed, Dan Davies @ Diamond Race Cars was the best price for what I got. I dropped the car off and picked up 2 weeks later, he added a swingarm suspension. It came with double adjustsable shocks, driveshaft with u-joints and also ext the on/off cable. I had several other things done at each time I was there but price was around 3-3,500 to do backhalf which was on the cheap end of people I priced. After I got everything back together I took it back he set it up and I never touched it.

I can suggest a few things to you, if you are on a budget and want a suspension look at his front suspension only its a huge help over nothing, will get rid of the bounce and help with bumps. Its not as good as the rear or having both but its a start on a budget. The price for that is cheaper.

Diamond has the best setup I've seen, no anti-roll stuff and works awesome. Dan is close to you also

Diamond Race Cars Prices
Our Services

Prices* (USD)

Back-half dragster Starting at $ 3,400.00
Front suspension on dragster
Starting at $ 1,600.00
Old 01-06-2009, 07:03 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Diamond is a very good option. You also have a very good option in Dan Lubinski in Oberlin, OH at PSP racecars. Dan has backhalved 2 cars for us and built us 2 complete cars. He has a lot of stuff out at Norwalk on a weekly basis. His number is 440-724-8491.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

DIAMOND!!! A friend of mine has his car there now,4 1/2 hour drive,you get what you pay for and Dan is getting a reputation for being one of the best around here.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 AM
BillyShope
CRAFTSMAN

I would only add that, unless you include some form of asymmetry in your suspension, your 60 foot times will likely be worse. But, on the positive side, with the right setup, they'll be better than ever! See my site for suggestions and for the means to measure your results.

http://home.earthlink.net/~whshope
over 130,000 visitors