powerglide

Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

I went to the track on sunday to try the car after replacing the valve body....i put a gauge on the reverse port before i changed the valve body and when i put the car in reverse i had 230 psi...so then i activated the tranny brake and the gauge read 100 psi and when the car warmed up it dropped to 80 psi...........i replaced the valve body with a pro brake and when i activated the tranny switch the gauge read 220 psi....i took it to the track and blew a starter and when i was in a rush as they called us to the line to change the starter...i dropped it on my hand and messed up my hand so off i went to the ambulance with 3 swollen fingers one bleeding badly and all 3 bruised..........i got back and a friend installed the starter for me but it was to late to race so i tried it on the back lane and the thing would hold and then not..........it was acting like the switch solenoid was sticking..........so when i got home i replaced the new solenoid that came with the brake with my old one and wired it right to the battery and warmed up the car for 10 minutes and went for a cruise up and down the back alley.......then i tried the brake it held to 4800 rpm no problem............i tried it repeatly and it held every time...........the true test is sunday the last race of the season..............fingers crossed but i think it is fine now
Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

fishman1 dont cross the hurt fingers. Man I am so happy for you to have it right again because thats what i am doing now with my car chasing bugs out of it so i can go down the track at WOT. Well very happy for you now back to having fun. Get some grease on them fingers that will help them heal up quicker.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

So if it works that will be the first race of the year and the last race of the year it worked.........lol