4 link questions

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
hotrod1994
EXPERT BUILDER

Default 4 link questions

can i use a four link with stock rear suspension set up leaf springs in stock location etc without tubbing a car or shortening the rear end
Old 04-27-2011, 06:27 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

using the 4 link with the leaf springs? cant say that i ever seen anyone do that........ :?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default What the heck?

Narrowing the differential and tubing wheel wells has nothing to do with what suspension type you use, And No, you can not and should not try to use leaf springs with a four link suspension. Why would one want to keep leaf springs on any suspension type unless required by rules in a specific stock racing class?
Two Coil over shocks with springs will weigh about as much as the bolts and hardware that holds just one leaf spring on your car now, not to mention the weight of the leaf spring itself X 2...............
Bruce
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Is this for a truck? A lot of guys do use the four link brackets and only the lower bar because of the rules for the class they run. I acts like a ladder bar and it does work pretty well if done correctly.