Helping a racer.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Default Helping a racer.

A buddy of mine lost his leg and had several other injuries when a nitrous bottle exploded. He has a website set up for people to bid on things on auction and to make donations. He has grab bags from several vendors that donated things that he is giving out when you make a donation. All the info about what happen including links to the news reports,pics, and what is up for auction is on his website www.awalkwithblake.com Blake has numerous hospital bills and on going care he needs and would appreciate all help. Any questions you have can be answered on the website. The info for donating by check or other means other than paypal can be found on his website under the "contact us" button.
Thanks Chris.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Just letting folks know this is legit. I sent mine in, today I recieved a padded envelope with small goodies from various big named vendors, as well as a coupon for $25 from one of those. Wish I could have done more...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I am going ot be sending some on Payday this Friday. I hate it when things like htis happen to good guys and fellow racers.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for the help guys. It happen a couple months back and I posted it on here but he just recently got the website up and running so I reposted now that he has it set up for people to donate. Blake has always been into racing, we go back all the way to high school. He is one of those that when you need something he helps, he is always willing to help anyone at the track regardless if he knows them or not.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I am the same way when it comes to helping people. It dont matter if I know them or not if they need help then I help them no questions asked.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Just wanted to get htis back towards the top.

I also donated late lastnight.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:56 AM
nova_bil
SHOW GUEST

Default Helping Injured Racer

I have known Blake for several years, and have never been denied help when I have needed it. Now that the tables have turned, I have when possible, have made donations as often as possible. I am making another donation today of 100.00 because I want to help this guy and his family through this difficult time. I will continue to do the same, every chance that I get, as long as I am able, and I pray that SSI or some other assistance will come through soon to help..I can only say shame on our government bureaucracy for taking so long to act in his behalf.
In ending I ask that anyone reading these words, look into your hearts, and imagine this is your friend, or brother instead of a stranger who's problems are of no significance to you. HELP A BROTHER WHO IS IN NEED!
Bubba Winfrey Kemp TX
Old 12-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Txdrgracer
JOURNEYMAN

Default Helping Injured Racer

Hey guys Thanks for the support and I hope that all of you recieved your Googie Bags. I also hope that the T-shirt winners were happy to see that we are doing exactly what we said we would by having Drawings and auction items as well. Please check out our new Silent Auction Item and Specials we are having. I wish you all a Safe and Wonderful Holiday Seasons.

Thanks, Blake from www.awalkwithblake.com
Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I apologize sir for not posting this when it happened, but guys, I won a t shirt in the drawing, IMO, this is a legit deal and a good cause. Help a racer out, you will get it back...