Fellow racer needs help.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hi Chris,

Really hate to hear about that. I will pray for your friend. I have done some of these things before through my Archery dealers in the various states I manage. The last one was for a man who had cancer in Nevada (a friend of my dealer there). So my dealer took up a donation fund. First he started by posting the story on a laminated card at a few local banks for customers to donate into a account there. He then started his own donation @ his shop. Next, he decided to do a "raffle" by contacting various vendors (like myself) & getting some product to give away as well as him donating some himself. There are ways... also getting the local news to post a donation too. You can start a high school car-wash, or do a deal with a special cupon/agreement with your local Pizza parlor to run a special on Pizza & donate some proceeds to the victim while giving them an incentive coupon at the same time to boost buisness. Last, don't be afraid to talk to the local Walmart mgr & ask them to let you set up a table to collect donations for him just like the girl-scouts do. Good luck & God Bless!!! Scooter
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks Scooter, I have talked to a buddy of mine who owns a BBQ place and we are going to have a benefit plate sale. He says he can get the meat and sides donated and will cook for free so every penny we raise can go straight to him. Thanks for the other Ideas, due to having no Insurance he is going to need all the help he can get.
Thanks Chris
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM
CrashBox7
SHOW GUEST

Default There is always someone Worse off !

As a young man I know I used to complain alot about how Bad I had it and how everything is always happening to Me and Blah Blah Blah well one day My Grand father pulled me aside and said something to Me that has never left ! He said "I Cried because I had NO SHOES .... Then I met a MAN WITH NO FEET ..... Anyway the ONE REALLY IMPORTANT LESSON I Learned was that When WE Bypass a safety feature to GET MORE POWER Or "Pressure" We run the risk of Catastrophic failure and must assume whatever Price that action exacts BUT when WE do work within the outlined area and WE Get the same failure well then it's time for the Company responsible to "PAY UP" I Can ONLY PRAY THAT WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE LATER ?? God Bless !
Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Chris,

I am glad you found a way to help your buddy out. It is amazing how many people can help when something is simply managed right. Even a high school car wash on a hot day can bring some money if marketed right. Is there any chance your friend can have a prospthetic leg in the future so he can walk again? God Bless. Scooter
Old 08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Hey Scooter, they had to go above the knee during surgery but he will be able to get a prosthetic in the future. He has no Insurance and a prosthetic that includes the knee is high dollar so not sure how we are going to do it. They are looking into SSI and a couple other options to help.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: There is always someone Worse off !

Originally Posted by CrashBox7
As a young man I know I used to complain alot about how Bad I had it and how everything is always happening to Me and Blah Blah Blah well one day My Grand father pulled me aside and said something to Me that has never left ! He said "I Cried because I had NO SHOES .... Then I met a MAN WITH NO FEET ..... Anyway the ONE REALLY IMPORTANT LESSON I Learned was that When WE Bypass a safety feature to GET MORE POWER Or "Pressure" We run the risk of Catastrophic failure and must assume whatever Price that action exacts BUT when WE do work within the outlined area and WE Get the same failure well then it's time for the Company responsible to "PAY UP" I Can ONLY PRAY THAT WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE LATER ?? God Bless !

The bottle had not been used by us yet. The valve was retrieved and did not appear to have been tampered with. The family is handling the bottle issue, they mainly want to know what caused it so we can keep it from happening to another fellow racer.