First runs with new car!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by kod99
For right now, I just want to be able to set the delay time between releasing the transbrake button and launch, and the shist point on the Powerglide. I think that will allow me to monitor and change the tuning, tires, etc and set the car up for the lowest ET. Am I thinking along the right lines?
Well to change that just go the bracket screen
say you are .030 on the tree and have 1150 in the box, to be perfect .000 you should go to 1120 in the box.

This shift screen is very easy to use, just go to the screen where you change you shift point and adjust it there, but you wont monitor much unless you have the replay hooked up on the tach side.
Do all the settings in the bracket mode apply in the pro mode?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:44 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
For right now, I just want to be able to set the delay time between releasing the transbrake button and launch, and the shist point on the Powerglide. I think that will allow me to monitor and change the tuning, tires, etc and set the car up for the lowest ET. Am I thinking along the right lines?
Well to change that just go the bracket screen
say you are .030 on the tree and have 1150 in the box, to be perfect .000 you should go to 1120 in the box.

This shift screen is very easy to use, just go to the screen where you change you shift point and adjust it there, but you wont monitor much unless you have the replay hooked up on the tach side.
Do all the settings in the bracket mode apply in the pro mode?
I cant be certain never seen a reason to not run bracket mode so I havent been on pro mode.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hey Reagan, I met you at the CDRA meeting a couple weeks ago, your rail looks great. I use a Mega 450 as well, if you have any questions about it call me I'll try to walk you through it. It really is simple when just doing what you want it for. The bracket mode is probly all you will ever use here, a little playing with delay once you figure out your rollout and car reaction and you are good to go. I shift mine on time rather than rpm because of NHRA rules and that is a set and forget deal as well.
Rod 403 823 1987
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

not to steal the thread,but i don't like the rpm in the mega450 at all,i tried the rpm in the 450 this weekend and was not happy,,,i had the rpm on 6600 shift and before it shift it was hitting the 7000 overall chip,then when i got back to pit and read it,it said it only hit 6800 rpm,,something not right,i think the rpm in the mega 450 is a little off and behind the actual rpm tach,,i moved it around and never felt good about it,,it just don't seem like it shifts right using the 450 box,,i rather have my rpm act.switch back LOL,,,steve
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Xrated1
Hey Reagan, I met you at the CDRA meeting a couple weeks ago, your rail looks great. I use a Mega 450 as well, if you have any questions about it call me I'll try to walk you through it. It really is simple when just doing what you want it for. The bracket mode is probly all you will ever use here, a little playing with delay once you figure out your rollout and car reaction and you are good to go. I shift mine on time rather than rpm because of NHRA rules and that is a set and forget deal as well.
Rod 403 823 1987
Thanks Rod.
I'll give you call one evening this week. Maybe I could come over and you could run through things, if you have time. I think I will take David's and your advice and set the box up in Bracket Mode and run from there. I just assumed that Pro Mode would be less fiddling around, as I wasn't worried at all about the lights. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by vega34
not to steal the thread,but i don't like the rpm in the mega450 at all,i tried the rpm in the 450 this weekend and was not happy,,,i had the rpm on 6600 shift and before it shift it was hitting the 7000 overall chip,then when i got back to pit and read it,it said it only hit 6800 rpm,,something not right,i think the rpm in the mega 450 is a little off and behind the actual rpm tach,,i moved it around and never felt good about it,,it just don't seem like it shifts right using the 450 box,,i rather have my rpm act.switch back LOL,,,steve
The box was initially set to shift on RPM but after the first run I changed it to shift on time (1.7 seconds for run #2 and 1.85 seconds for run #3). I will leave it that way and check the tach to adjust it further, if neccessary.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I'd bet its shifting correct just not reading correct in the mega 450 box.

I'll bet you end up atleast at 2.00 seconds also at shift time
Old 06-23-2009, 05:10 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

i can't see how you can shift on time and be accurate,i mean you first got to find out were abouts 6600 is right,if thats were your going to shift,why not just shift at 6600 and take out the guessing work?,,steve
Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Read the rule book!! rpm based automatic shifters are PROHIBITED.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
i can't see how you can shift on time and be accurate,i mean you first got to find out were abouts 6600 is right,if thats were your going to shift,why not just shift at 6600 and take out the guessing work?,,steve
Its actually prob more consistent on time, think about it this way bad track and the car is spinning and rpms are higher or lower depending on how bad it spins its shifting at a different time because of the spin, not much different but when your talking .001's all it takes it that one time. I've shifted mine both ways and had no issue either way but with tracks getting worse I may go back to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -