misrepresentation

Old 05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

Dealing with this in a legal manner is not going to happen. The reason is it was used on both sides and yeah he said it was this but at the time the transaction took place you had rights to inspect it and you took the option not to. I only question the fact the balancer and flywheel should have been a dead giveaway if it was a 383 / 350 block Ect.

What this guy did was wrong 100% and is not a man of his word. I would never deal with someone I did not know without seeing it with my own eyes.

I am a fraud investigator by day... wish I had better news.

The one and only option you have is to sue in small claims court and hope to win a judgement against him. This was it cost you $50-$100.00 to file and the best part no attorney on either side.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by robinhorn
Dealing with this in a legal manner is not going to happen. The reason is it was used on both sides and yeah he said it was this but at the time the transaction took place you had rights to inspect it and you took the option not to. I only question the fact the balancer and flywheel should have been a dead giveaway if it was a 383 / 350 block Ect.

What this guy did was wrong 100% and is not a man of his word. I would never deal with someone I did not know without seeing it with my own eyes.

I am a fraud investigator by day... wish I had better news.

The one and only option you have is to sue in small claims court and hope to win a judgement against him. This was it cost you $50-$100.00 to file and the best part no attorney on either side.
Yeah,I was thinking the same thing-both being used kinda puts a kink in things.Appreciate it,though.
As far as the balancer(didn't have a flywheel on it),he said steel crank,which usually means internal balance,even on a 400 type crank.
I've decided to let it rest anyway.Trust me,the engine is gonna make an EXCELLENT conversation piece in the weeks to come. :lol:
And as promised,his RJ name-critty396ss.May as well add it to the running list of deadbeat scammers,but please add a side note that he"is sorry that I'm not happy". :roll:

Thanks guys,

Glen

Oh yeah,almost forgot...Tod,man you could never offend me with what you post here.You're opinion is always welcome and appreciated.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HE HAS AN ADD FOR AN 80 MALIBU FOR SALE , HAS BEEN FOR SALE FOREVER.HE IS SELLING AS ROLLER NOW AND A 355 MOTOR HE SAYS IS MACHINE SHOP FRESH.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yeah,that's him-looks a lot like my car.Like I said,I've decided it's just easier to keep the engine...and talk about it...a LOT! :wink:
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HE JUST LISTED 96 BLAZER AND DOESN'T MENTION A OIL LEAK :?:
Old 05-13-2009, 11:53 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gsforless
Yeah,that's him-looks a lot like my car.Like I said,I've decided it's just easier to keep the engine...and talk about it...a LOT! :wink:
That guy is full of it, he knew it wasn't a 383 if he had it freshed.

His B/S was just a selling line to get a trade for something of more value.
I hope he owns up dude but I'm betting he won't.

Just for the record -200,000 miles and rear main leaks don't go together, I have over 255,000 on my 95 suburban. It does use a little between oil changes (about a quart) but it has no leaks, its all about the maintenance.
Thought I'd throw that in there just for the hell of it.

Cp
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Well,he said it leaked a quart onto his trailer during the 2 to 2 1/2 hour trip back home,which is all but impossible.A small leak will pool and run and look like it's a huge amount.If it leaked while sitting on the trailer,it definately didn't leak through the rear main,unless he left it running the whole time,the rear main needs oil pressure applied to it to leak,generally speaking.Really,the whole point of the matter is,I didn't tell him the Blazer did or did not use a little oil.He didn't ask,and I honestly didn't give it a thought,as that's exactly what it did-it used a LITTLE oil,and has 200K miles,what's the problem?I MIGHT have put 3 quarts of oil in the Blazer in the approximately 3 months I drove it.I'm guessing it leaked a small amount onto his trailer,he saw it and got mad and blew it all out of proportion,or just thought it looked like a lot more than it really was.Either way,he's still a damn liar!!

Glen
Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

IF IT DOES HAVE A LEAK THERE IT WILL BE THE O RINGS AT THE COOLER/FILTER ADAPTER. VERY COMMON PROBLEM, EAZY FIX.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
IF IT DOES HAVE A LEAK THERE IT WILL BE THE O RINGS AT THE COOLER/FILTER ADAPTER. VERY COMMON PROBLEM, EAZY FIX.
Yeah,I know.I had a very reputable local mechanic pull the engine and put all new freeze plugs in it just before I started driving it.If he thought it'd need a seal anytime soon,he'd have put one in it.The fact is,the clown I traded the little Blazer to didn't have one complaint with it until I confronted him with my findings on the engine he "let me have"!I'm still half tempted to take him to small claims court.I don't think a court system in the country would consider him in the right.I offered to trade back,I offered to sell him the engine back for what he had it priced for,I offered to settle for a 383 rotating assembly and pay for the machine work myself.The most he offered was to trade back if I wanted to bring him the engine.He wants me to be out because he lied! :roll: Whether I take it to court or not,he'll get his right here.The entire RJ community checks in here from time to time,and that's really what this is about-preventing a repeat on someone else.

Later guys,
Glen
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
not on a 4x4, only easy if you got a lift and your a contorsionist...lol

Had my buddies shop do mine, 50 cent part - $50 labor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -