what do I need to run nitrous??

Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
whitey70ss
MASTER BUILDER

Default what do I need to run nitrous??

I was considering a 100 shot of nitrous and I know nothing about it :shock: ... I was wondering what comp ratio is best and what all I need to make this happen without costing me my engine??
Old 07-25-2009, 06:43 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

your gunna have a lot hate mail here,lol u need to explain total vehicle build,goals and budget. other than all that short answer is 100 shot is very forgiving! good luck and be aware 100 leads to 200 then 300 lol,its true, id love to hit my motor with the big pills but i leave the 275 tune up as high as i go (for now :twisted: )
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
your gunna have a lot hate mail here,lol u need to explain total vehicle build,goals and budget. other than all that short answer is 100 shot is very forgiving! good luck and be aware 100 leads to 200 then 300 lol,its true, id love to hit my motor with the big pills but i leave the 275 tune up as high as i go (for now :twisted: )
Russ is dead on. You will get carried away too quick and do not consider strengthing up the bottom end. Then one day..... poof :shock:

Dave
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

IMO these little cars on the road run 150hp without anything done to them, any kinda of forged bottom end will be good with 100hp.

I retard my timing 4 degrees per hundred shot also.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I would run 2 fuel pumps for starters, one for the carb and one for the nitrous system.
Dont even think about plumbing into your existing fuel system no matter what people may tell you, overkill here is a good thing.

Filter everything twice, nitrous and fuel.
Keeping the solenoids free from debris is key.

When I ran nitrous I took out 4 degrees retard for every 50HP but then again that was overkill, better safe than sorry right?

A nitrous controller is a good idea, no matter what level your running, it can handle all of duties and make your nitrous experience a safe one, on the downside - they are expensive.

You can do it the old fashion way and bump the timing back everytime you plan to spray it, but thats a pain and believe me you'll be tempted to say WTH and squeeze it anyway.

I'm with the others, a 100 shot leads to 200, then 200 leads to 250 or 300 and pretty soon your looking at foggers kits.
Nitrous is addicting as hell, :shock: it's a blast to open up a can of whoopa$$ every now and then 8)
It's a very powerful and inexpensive power adder - read up anything you can find on the topic and take the appropiate safety precautions and your experience will be an enjoyable one.

Goodluck, Cp