Just another dumb thought-driving a race car?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:19 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Lively you have a few on me i am 49 done had heart surgery in 2005, sat out 05 came back in 06, my brother is 66 run,s super pro, quick rod!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:39 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I'm only 53, and I figure I still got a lot of living to do yet. I can still run with the big dogs, or I can stay on the porch. Only difference is I decide when I run or when I stay! You definately aren't OLD!
suicidebomb
Old 04-27-2008, 05:09 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Old age

I not only opened the can of worms, seems I tripped over it and spilled it on the new carpet.

So, to use a term from from my reenacting hobby, we have a bunch of old "graybeards" out on the racetrack as well. This is too funny.

Now that we've done the bathroom and dysfunction jokes, all thats left is memory! Just hope I remember what I'm supposed to do once I leave the pits?

Maybe we ought to start the OFRA (Old Farts Racing Association).
Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ops: ops: ops: ops:
souped up wheel chairs
Old 04-27-2008, 03:11 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: I like the one about NHRA/AARP.HAHA.Hey I'm 28 and only been at this for a few years.But it's not the young guys at the track that intimidate me.It's the older guy eating french fries in his car sitting in the staging lanes while his ol' lady holds his coke :shock: Saw an old fella,Clyde,do that one night and thought,"anybody that relaxed is got it together"He took home Super Pro that night.He's a gooood 65+.You can'y beat experience,and noone my age has got that kind of experience.Go for it and let us know when you bring home the trophy!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
:lol: :lol: I like the one about NHRA/AARP.HAHA.Hey I'm 28 and only been at this for a few years.But it's not the young guys at the track that intimidate me.It's the older guy eating french fries in his car sitting in the staging lanes while his ol' lady holds his coke :shock: Saw an old fella,Clyde,do that one night and thought,"anybody that relaxed is got it together"He took home Super Pro that night.He's a gooood 65+.You can'y beat experience,and noone my age has got that kind of experience.Go for it and let us know when you bring home the trophy!!!
I agree. I'm 33 and have only been at this a few years too....not counting street car stuff running trophy.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Return to the track

In the long term, that's where the payoff will be. I look forward to that day when, just maybe, I can trade jibes with some of my fellow RJ members in the staging lanes!!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
terryw
SHOW GUEST

There's a man that runs the footbreak class at my track thats in his 70's,& he is no slouch on the tree,wins his fair share of rounds for sure!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Hell im 23 and my buddy Alexs dad gave me a run for my money one night in a modified :shock: hes 60 this year and he can still show me how its done lol youll be just fine :wink: