20 years ago today...

Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default 20 years ago today...

I married my best friend! We met in 1984, starting dating seriously in 1989 and married in 1993. I can thank her to this day for helping me turn my life around. I was running around with the wrong group of guys I had known since I was a kid, 2 of them have been in and out of prison numerous times, another died of an OD in 1995 and the 4th one is in prison for life for shooting the 5th one in the head in 1992. She gave me focus, something to live and work for and showed me how to appreciate life without drugs. When she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999 my life changed again, it became all about her and being able to make sure she has everything she needs to live a comfortable life with a horrible disease. We decided to live life to the fullest today cause God only knows what tomorrow will bring. Looking forward to another 20+ more years!

Here we are doing what we love the most, going to the races.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 20 years ago today...

Originally Posted by Harbone
I married my best friend! We met in 1984, starting dating seriously in 1989 and married in 1993. I can thank her to this day for helping me turn my life around. I was running around with the wrong group of guys I had known since I was a kid, 2 of them have been in and out of prison numerous times, another died of an OD in 1995 and the 4th one is in prison for life for shooting the 5th one in the head in 1992. She gave me focus, something to live and work for and showed me how to appreciate life without drugs. When she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999 my life changed again, it became all about her and being able to make sure she has everything she needs to live a comfortable life with a horrible disease. We decided to live life to the fullest today cause God only knows what tomorrow will bring. Looking forward to another 20+ more years!

Here we are doing what we love the most, going to the races.

Congrats to you both ! Thanks for sharing such a GREAT story...I raise my glass to another 20 more !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

congrats on the 20! that's a milestone in todays world. live life with all you got because tomorrow is promised to no one!! I learned that the hard way bone. my wife of 35 yrs also saved my life. ill not go into it here this is your day but aint the right girl about the best thing god can give ya!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Congrats guys and hope all your prayers and dreams come true on the next 20.

Robert and Vickie
Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Congratulations!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

I love success stories... congratulations to you both and I hope treats you more than fair for the rest of your lives... :O)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys!

I really can not find a pic of us both where she isnt doing rabbit ears behind my head!

We really are not much on bday celebrations, holidays and stuff. We save our money to go and do things we like, vacations, headed to the drags, weekends in the RV etc. I think she was shocked this morning when I handed her a card with a nice long note in it basically thanking her for a great 20 years and for all she has done to make me a better man. She was in tears when I left, good tears of course.
Not doing any celebrating tonite but we are gonna make the best of the weekend, local town is having their "good ole days" celebration saturday night with some fantastic fireworks and then Sunday her favorite winery is having a Art & Wine festival along with a car show. So we are gonna head over in the Trans Am and get a little culture going on or I just might end up doing burnouts in the parking lot :!: :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
congrats on the 20! that's a milestone in todays world. live life with all you got because tomorrow is promised to no one!! I learned that the hard way bone. my wife of 35 yrs also saved my life. ill not go into it here this is your day but aint the right girl about the best thing god can give ya!!!
x2 and congrats Harp!
31 years and counting - God blessed me with an angel that I am not worthy of.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

congrats to you looks like you should have at least anther 40 or so left
Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

20 yr anniversary...donuts !!! ???? hmmmmmm...light em up until at least one tire pops.. :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -