Gutted the interior

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harbonious!!

Man you motivate me on even the small things... such as LED's... they are nice looking. All those details... they all add up to a quality nice ride all-the-way-around. No one like being at a cruise & seeing an awesome car that has one dim/burnt out tail light.... or one muffler lower than the other... or a piece of missing molding. That car is nice. well done on all accounts.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Finally took the trans governor out today, got a new one and a B&M weight and spring mod kit. Took 2 times taking it out, changing the weights and reinstalling but she finally shifts correctly!

Starting on the tail light mod, hope to see the LED boards in the next week or two, Still need to put in the floorboard courtesy lights and the glove box light. Spring is coming and I am ready to cruise!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Managed to have a few beers and tinker with the car this weekend. My inner door window felts that I installed last spring had started to pop off, rivets were to short so I took the panels off and drilled out the rivets. I used 1/8" wide and 1/4" grip rivets this time and they seemed to hold a lot better. I am still waiting on the LED brake light kit for the tail lights but went ahead and spliced in the new sockets, looked for any worn, chaffed or brittle wires in the harness and fixed everything along with cleaning up any ground points. Now it has 4 park/brake lights across the back. Hopefully the LED boards will be here soon but with everything cleaned up all 4 lights have the same brightness now.

I had also purchased a footwell courtesy light harness and housings.
My car never came with them so I thought it would be a nice touch. I also learned that I am getting to old to be squeezing up under the dash with the front seats still installed!
They look good but I might have to go buy some LED bulbs to make things just a tad brighter.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Back in my High School days, I installed RED clearance lights under the dash for those nights of watching the 'submarine races'...
`:lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Lookin' good Chris. I hear about not being young enough to crawl under the dash anymore. I've got everything out of mine right now for the rewire and decided to repaint the rollcage. Ouch, am I ever sore. It's like playing twister on the monkey bars and I'm too old for that. :lol:
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I had an issue with the drivers side front turnsignal not working properly, turns out the socket was broke. So I ordered a new set.

I received the new front turn signals today, they are OER units and very well made

Remove the stainless trim off my old signals and polished them up

The one complaint I have with the new OER units is the stainless trim did not want to fit well through the curved part of the lamp. They seem to be molded a little wide in that area of the lens. I had to carefully take my Dremel and remove about 1/32" of an inch of the lens at that spot to get the trim to fit right.

The fit is real nice, I need to take the drivers side one back out and bend the mounting brackets just a tad to level it off in the opening

Old 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Lookin great chris!! :wink:
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Old 03-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The new LED boards came in today, I got these from Larry at ClassicLED's in Eugene Oregon. He just finished designing these new units. They look to have about 94 LED bulbs per board.

These are 2 brake/parklamp kits since I removed my backup lenses and put brake/parklamp lenses in their place. Lay the boards in the tail light flat and use clear silicone adhesive to hold in place.

The 1157 style connectors let you plug them right in and you are done. No other wires.
He does sell a sequential set that has to have a wire run up to the brake light switch and the LED's flow left to right and vise-versa when the turn signals are on.

Here is a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkj8n...t=HL1362269673

Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Thems purty 'Bone !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -