Don't ya just LOVE how peaceful 'unions' are ????

Old 03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Don't ya just LOVE how peaceful 'unions' are ????

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...ts?odyssey=tab
Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Link?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

if it wasnt for unions no one would make the money or have the benefits that we all enjoy today.unions set the standard that we all work by today.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
if it wasnt for unions no one would make the money or have the benefits that we all enjoy today.unions set the standard that we all work by today.
well said, we must never forget, that when we talk unions, for the most part we are talking people, working people, the ones that produce, or buy products that companies make, one can't do without the other, when the scales are tilted to far toward one or the other, the whole system will suffer, but if it has to tilt, imo it should always tilt toward the working people, they are the one that spend, keeping the econ moving in other words.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
Unions have their place. They have done a lot of good. They have also hurt some industries.

Private sector unions represent workers that are employed by businesses that are trying to save the most money they can. You have a check and balance system.

Public sector unions are representing worker that are employed by the politicians they helped elect. These politicians are spending money that isn't theirs. It's the taxpayers. They end up not fighting for a fair compromise for the fear of losing votes.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:08 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's NOT the workers that I'm against, it's the Union hierarchy that uses the workers as pawns for their own POWER/MONEY grabs. The reason all of our 'stuff' is made overseas is because of more and more stringent regulations and higher and higher costs of 'doing business in the USA' of which a GREAT portion is high wages and all the lifetime bennies the businesses have to pay to union workers.
Granted, back in the early days the unions DEFINITELY had their place and still do today. HOWEVER, their thirst for POWER has taken away from the original goal.
The big deal TODAY is our nation is BROKE!! As Barry has said time and again,"We ALL need to make sacrifices"..... :roll: ops: That means ALL of U.S. INCLUDING union workers. Our 'president' and the 'unions' are not willing to 'make those sacrifices', but they sure want MORE and MORE POWER !!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok boys, ill agree with you on this on.lol unions of yesteryear, were needed and badly. i was a teamster for awhile.we voted it in . i watchedthen take a good company to work for, they just wouldnt pay for what we did, and we kept gettin more and more of the profits so they just closed the doors. all the money in the pot dont do a damn bit of good if they lock the doors.detriot, making 44.hr.to work on a assembly line.plus government invovlement and my challanger is still sittin onn the show room floor cause i cant afford it. thou my wife does own a 300c HEMI
Old 03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
burmie1932
SHOW GUEST

Default wi. powergrab

First off I do work at a union mill in Wi. The first thing that is troubling is the fact that the three public union employee groups that are NOT targeted backed Gov. Walker in the election. These people are both union and public employees yet they were not asked to help their state in this supposed grim time of need with the debt. I believe the public employees should pay a share in their insurance, I pay about 15% On the other hand if the Gov. wants them to help with their "pension" , why not change to a 401k? That way the employee contributes the majority, and the state does a small match. Say .50 to 1.00 per dollar invested on the first 6% or so. Just my two cents. Lastly I am glad I only have 2 to 3 more yrs. to work. I think this will result in a bigger mess then we have now. Steve
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: wi. powergrab

Originally Posted by burmie1932
First off I do work at a union mill in Wi. The first thing that is troubling is the fact that the three public union employee groups that are NOT targeted backed Gov. Walker in the election.
Which groups are you talking about? I heard that the groups the left claimed backed him really did not. Only a small percentage of them did.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:51 PM
burmie1932
SHOW GUEST

There are at least 10 to 15 different agreements/contracts with public employee groups. I know one that was not included in this bill was the state patrol. I will check to find out some others. If you want more info on how this was pushed through. There are lots of sites on line. Some for,some not. According to one site the funded pension plan ,that was in place, was voted in by the Wi. state Senate and Legislature many years ago. If you understand contract talks there is always give and take on both sides. These employees were willing to pay more for Insurance and towards pensions. That was not enough for Gov. Walker. He would not give these people/unions collective bargaining. If the bill stands the raises would be cost of living percentages only. One more thing a Dane County judge put a hold on this bill Friday. The Att. Generals office will appeal. They said they know that Curcuit court judges are known to be wrong and make misstakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -