check paypal paperwork VERY CLOSELY

Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
superpro1832
APPRENTICE

Default check paypal paperwork VERY CLOSELY

Scam was this lady wanted to buy car for son. After several e-mails she said that the money was in my paypal account. Went to paypal account and no money. Received e-mail that she put $1200.00 extra into my account and that the $20.000.00 was available as soon as I sent $ 1200.00 to the shipper. I even received e-mails from paypal confirming the funds would be available as soon as I sent the $1200.00 to the shipper. Paperwork from paypal looked like the normal paperwork that I have always received from paypal. What I noticed was the e-mail from paypal was "member"@ paypal not "services@ paypal. contacted Paypal and sure enough it was a scam. Forwarded all e-mails to "[email protected]" which is the fraud control department with paypal. At least I still have my car and my money. These scammers are really getting good at falsifying paypal paperwork. So check very close to e-mails and now documents.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:20 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Rule of thumb...if a buyer wants you to send them money, it's a scam.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thats a old one, been going on for a long time.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM
jimv
SHOW GUEST

Default Here's one that I got

[img]

Dear [email protected] ,

The payment has been successfully made but due to security reason we have to receive the shipment tracking number before the next few hours for the processing of your order and your account can be credited.
This a new measure we are taking to protect both our sellers and buyers against fraudulent customers.

Once you have shipped the item, send us the shipment tracking number for verification .After the Tracking Number has beenverified, your account will be credited instantly.
Payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/ tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. You are to reply this message with the shipment tracking number so that your account could be credited.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us, You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal informing you that the Money has been credited.
Note:PayPal will be responsible for the item loss or damage once we receive the tracking number

Thank you for using PayPal.
The PayPal Team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in United State as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

PayPal Email ID PP372[/img]
Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

yep,, And there pay pal e mails are getting very believable,,
Old 02-13-2014, 07:38 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

When in doubt, contact Pay Pal !
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

and believe it or not !!!!!!!!!!!!! you can really talk to a human, and one that speeks english,,really you can,,