BBC Aftermarket Blocks

Old 09-02-2012, 07:20 PM
jsup
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by hink
Originally Posted by jsup
I work for World. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.

If you want an honest opinion, CNC BLOCKS, HINK, CARL, whatever he is now is not the place to look. He is selective in his information and sometimes straight out inaccurate.

Rather than drone on here's a link:

www.cncblockne.com

We were the first ones to make aftermarket BBC blocks. Our MERLIN PRO was deemed illegal as an unfair advantage by the rules committee so we discontinued it.

We make a damn fine product no matter what CNCBLOCKS wants to make up.

My direct phone number is 201-403-3699 if you want to call me.

With all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

Thanks for posting your number !!!!!
What's the matter Carl? Don't like my BLOG? I have more info and when I get around to it, I'll post it. If you want this stuff to go away, the remedy is simple. Stop the bashing. Accept responsibility for your actions. You probably made a mistake when measuring the block.I have screen shots to back everything I say so do what you want. It's my blog and my opinion.

I've posted my number 100 times. Easy enough to find me. It's right in my sig on Yellow Bullet. I'm not hiding, certainly not from you. Don't make this sound like a new event.

Seems to me like you're doing a lot of parts pushing these days, maybe business is off a little Carl? I've been told there's a sense of desperation in your tone lately.

Here you claim to be RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT? This is the first I saw of that. Tell me, what exactly did you research or develop in your six years in business? You take other people's parts and machine them, then tell people that if the company doesn't own the marching center it's a bad place to be. Make up your mind, your entire business is based on doing machining for other companies, so I guess by your standard, you suck.

Call me Carl. I dare you. Just like when Mark from Probe called you and you back peddled and ran away from your remarks.

You started your business and incorporated six years ago. You claim the "problems" you had with World were, six years ago. Maybe the first year in business you needed to get to know your equipment better. Your inexperience could have been your problem.

You've been doing this stuff for six years, it's about time someone called you on the carpet for it. You do it not just to World, but to any product you don't sell. It's obvious to anyone who follows your posts. You trash and sell.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
jsup
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
with all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

If you research your posts on numerous boards Carl, the same can be said for your slandering of the company........Just sayin'
I think you will find I have the customers that have brought blocks to me with issues so I doubt that would be slander, I can back up what I have posted no problem. Just saying!!!!
You didn't address his point did you? You do it and it's OK.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
jsup
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by zipper06
Has anyone seen or looked at the BMP alum. blk that Naylor in SC is selling for around $3400.00.
I've owned and run KB and Donavan, both with water and solid.

Price is good but i don't know if the blk is.

Just curious

Zip
fwiw, we just reduced our prices on blocks so people can sell them inexpensively.

Our aluminum blocks are cast in the same foundry as Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bently, and Penske racing. I'd be hard pressed to say that those companies would use junk.

THey are machined in North America by a leading block house. The fit and finish is far and above what you're accustomed to seeing and require less machining than the competitors. Anyone that has seen our product side by side with any other competitor says it looks light years ahead.

We have better oiling capabilities than anyone on the market. We keep the oil off the cam, and down on the mains. We have better cooling that our competitors.

I don't know where you're located, but you're invited any time to swing by if you want to take a look at one.

Those who have seen ours side by side, will tell you our fit, finish, and design is superior. Those who haven't will have opinions, but no facts.
Thanks for responding, i'm in the deep south and nearest dealer is in Atlana Ga. 500 mi away. I'm looking at building a 582" on alcohol, stacks injected with a 3" Kinsler, which i already have. As i said i've have already ran KB,Donavan, and i forgot to mention Rodec, mostly blown alcohol, which performed well, no failures. I did go to your website and checked out your parts. What i didn't see was any pricing on the heads, that flow over 400 CFM, i saw the head kit but no pricing on the CNC'ed 355 heads. There are lot's of heads that flow more than 400 CFM on the market, but require shaft rockers @ about $1600.00. Does your heads require shaft rockers or conventional rockers?
Hey Zip,

No. We don't require shaft rockers, but you can use them. As to flow numbers, we're not big believers in flow numbers. We post them because people expect to see them. We just did a test last week where a set of heads posted much higher flow numbers than our heads, and we made considerably more power. That's not to say we will make more power than other brands, if I said that I'd be lying, but it does demonstrate that flow numbers are not the end game. Any manufacturer that tells you their heads will make more power than someone elses, assuming they are one of the better companies, is lying. I'm sure you know that, just wanted to put it out there.

As to flow numbers, many companies like to enhance their flow numbers by doing things such as back cutting valves, using over sized plates, and reporting the highest ports. If the question is can our heads support over 1000 HP, yes, they can. That is the standard we got by.

There is pricing on the heads, if you go to the bottom of the page, there are drop downs that you can configure them any way you want.

As i said i saw the ad at Naylor engines in SC. He's advertising 1000 plus HP, complete engine for $10,500.00, that's pretty reasonable and hard to beat at that price, don't know if he has a happy dyno or the #'s are real. It doesn't say what BLK or heads but it's obviously an iron BLK. The reason i ask is that my car is a lead sled at 3250 lbs. with SM/BLK and would perfer to use an alum blk. if i go B/BLK. also can the blks and heads be bought factory direct?
I've seen a lot of happy dynos. But who knows. Dynos are like flow numbers, a good guide but by no means to be taken in stone. I will admit, that $10,000 for a complete engine isn't a bad deal, find out what the internals are to ensure they will hold up. It all comes down to the grade of parts.

Call me on how to purchase the heads/block. We only sell at jobber pricing on the website, so you can get a better deal through one of our resellers. I don't want to cut the knees off our retailers by discounting direct, so I will send you there when I can. If you want to send me an email or call I'll set you up with a good retailer.

I should add that's i've been a machinest for over 50 yrs. the last 35 as a CNC programmer/machinest. I have access about $5 mil. CNC equipment available to me from the Plastics injection mold shop that i recently retired from, including 2 5 axis milling machines, so i'm no stranger to how to check something out, even at in my home shop i can check most evety thing on a blk. I do build a few engines for friends each yr.

Below are the ads i'm referring too.

Zip.

http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...D-ALL-NEW.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Blocks/252...UM-BLOCKS.html
Thanks for the info. I hope I addressed everything for you. Don't hesitate to call any time from 8AM to 10 PM Est.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

I work for World. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call.

If you want an honest opinion, CNC BLOCKS, HINK, CARL, whatever he is now is not the place to look. He is selective in his information and sometimes straight out inaccurate.

Rather than drone on here's a link:

www.cncblockne.com

We were the first ones to make aftermarket BBC blocks. Our MERLIN PRO was deemed illegal as an unfair advantage by the rules committee so we discontinued it.

We make a damn fine product no matter what CNCBLOCKS wants to make up.

My direct phone number is 201-403-3699 if you want to call me.

With all this BS you are spreading about me jesup I smell a lwasuit coming!!!

What's the matter Carl? Don't like my BLOG? I have more info and when I get around to it, I'll post it. If you want this stuff to go away, the remedy is simple. Stop the bashing. Accept responsibility for your actions. You probably made a mistake when measuring the block.I have screen shots to back everything I say so do what you want. It's my blog and my opinion.

I've posted my number 100 times. Easy enough to find me. It's right in my sig on Yellow Bullet. I'm not hiding, certainly not from you. Don't make this sound like a new event.

Seems to me like you're doing a lot of parts pushing these days, maybe business is off a little Carl? I've been told there's a sense of desperation in your tone lately.

Here you claim to be RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT? This is the first I saw of that. Tell me, what exactly did you research or develop in your six years in business? You take other people's parts and machine them, then tell people that if the company doesn't own the marching center it's a bad place to be. Make up your mind, your entire business is based on doing machining for other companies, so I guess by your standard, you suck.

Call me Carl. I dare you. Just like when Mark from Probe called you and you back peddled and ran away from your remarks.

You started your business and incorporated six years ago. You claim the "problems" you had with World were, six years ago. Maybe the first year in business you needed to get to know your equipment better. Your inexperience could have been your problem.

You've been doing this stuff for six years, it's about time someone called you on the carpet for it. You do it not just to World, but to any product you don't sell. It's obvious to anyone who follows your posts. You trash and sell.

I am glad you indicate you work for World as this I am sure with a little research I can find your address and probably World can help out in this matter. And time will tell.

Also I have been only Incorperated for only 6 years and have been CNC machining blocks for what 12 years now check with RMC when I purchased my equipment from them.

Also check with Sunnen to see how long I have owned there equipment.

You should have done alot more home work before posting BS on public forums.

Like I said I can back up anything I have posted.

There is a reason you have been banned from what 4 forums now!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM
jsup
APPRENTICE

I am glad you indicate you work for World as this I am sure with a little research I can find your address and probably World can help out in this matter. And time will tell.
That's nice. I'd post it but I have 2 young kids and you never know what kind of wack jobs are out there. Present company included. OH, BTW Carl if you dare post my PERSONAL HOME ADDRESS on the internet you will be looking for more trouble than you can possibly handle. Just so you know. Like I said, I have 2 young kids, don't underestimate what a parent will do to protect their kids.

Also I have been only Incorperated for only 6 years and have been CNC machining blocks for what 12 years now check with RMC when I purchased my equipment from them.
Now I'm really confused. Is it 38 years like you claimed? 25 years like you said 6 years ago? or is it 12? And if you just incorporated what were you doing for the first six years with the machinery? Working in your basement? How can you take money for work if you're not a business? Sounds hackish to me.

Also check with Sunnen to see how long I have owned there equipment.
SO? What does this have to do with anything.

You should have done alot more home work before posting BS on public forums.
Yeah yeah yeah.

Like I said I can back up anything I have posted.
No you can't Carl. You can give an opinion. Which is your opinion only and was not verified by anyone else but you. Your opinion is not fact despite what your massive ego tells you.

There is a reason you have been banned from what 4 forums now!!!
Yep and I'll list them so you don't keep lying about it in the future how's that?

Corvette Forum. I was banned for 1 year because I called out a manufacturer who was lying to sell parts. I felt they were trying to separate me from almost $2000 on false pretense, AKA LYING. Giving ridiculous claims like if you use my heads, you will get 40 to 50 more HP. Something that is completely not provable and you will never hear me say. That manufacturer and his mafia hit squad deludged the moderators to get me banned.

While banned, I created another log in name, just to PM someone and get a phone number, never posted under it. I was banned for life for creating another log in name. CF does not allow 2 logins. That was my big crime Carl, creating a second login.

I actually owe that group a bit of gratitude. It was their ignorance and arrogance that prompted me to get into this industry and try to spread some truth. Now that I have the opportunity I will.

Corvette Guru. Same manufacturer of heads who put up a test that was totally rigged. When a manufacturer shows up to a "test" with a cam under their arm for a "head test" it's rigged. When it's done at a dyno shop where they spend lots of money, it's rigged. When they call the press to be there, it's rigged. That manufacturer requested my banning (as I suspect was done on Corvette forum since they are an advertiser, and I can show that CF protects advertisers) when I held their feet to the fire, and his mafia hit squad, same people I may add from Corvette Forum, did the same thing. They bombarded the mods with requests for my banning because we can't call a liar a liar when they pay to sponsor a forum.

Speed talk. See above. Same thing. When you spend tons of money on advertising in this business and magazines do "tests" guess who is coming out on top....exactly When you point it out you're a bad guy and become a target of the hit squad.

There is a hit squad out there that does this. If you dare question the magic head they will complain and complain until you are banned. It's a time tested internet tactic.

So much so that articles have been written about it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/te...ternet-922011#

See where it says "TATTLE ON THEM"... It works. Mods are volunteers and don't want to bother with the whining. So if enough people whine, to make their life easy, they ban the people being whined about.

Digital Corvettes. Go back to Corvette Forum. Some clown copied my build using the magic heads, and guess what, came up with less HP. PROVING that I was right in the first place. I pointed that out on Digital Corvettes and the same thing happened. The manufacturer's mafia complained to the mods unitl they baned me for a year. Apparently I was "making trouble" by pointing out that the original claims made by said manufacturer turned out to be false.

Now that you know Carl, maybe you can stop mis representing it to fit your story, like you do everything else. Fact of the matter is these people have a sickness. To discredit ANYONE who dares comment on the superiority of the magic heads. I was STALKED around the internet by these wack jobs, who have no official affiliation with magic head company, from forum to forum in the fear I would point out that the claims were not credible. They are sick, sick people, much like you.

With that, I'm done responding because I'm sure the members of this board don't want to hear it. I apologize to everyone here for the diversion. I was just waiting for you to file the last bullet, which was the forum bullet. Now that we discussed that, I am done with you.

You can find any new information at cncblockne.com
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

To the OP do a search Dart VS World there is some good info and opinions LOL

Jesup your posting here seems to generate more sales on blocks !!! Thanks

Here is a good link to look over

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30455
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default reply, and thanks for the great info

Wow, I smell bad blood , but this is all good info , not taking sides, but this is what a forum is all about. Keep it up guys and may the best man win !
Happy Labor Day
Jeff M.
Team Magnuson Racing
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 AM
jsup
APPRENTICE

Default Re: reply, and thanks for the great info

Originally Posted by bixblk
Wow, I smell bad blood , but this is all good info , not taking sides, but this is what a forum is all about. Keep it up guys and may the best man win !
Happy Labor Day
Jeff M.
Team Magnuson Racing
Thanks Jeff. I hate these conversations because I know the membership doesn't want to hear it.

I just want the OP to spend his money based on an INFORMED decision, not based on false, slanted information from a guy with an imaginary axe to grind because of a bruised ego. His sales method is to trash the competition and then discount what he sells. There is nothing admirable about his approach. It's quite sleezy.

As long as the OP spends his money in good conscious with good information I'm happy regardless of the result.

Dart is a fine product, nothing wrong with thier blocks, but there is nothing wrong with ours either. I think we have some advantages, but you would expect that.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 AM
jsup
APPRENTICE

To the OP do a search Dart VS World there is some good info and opinions LOL

Jesup your posting here seems to generate more sales on blocks !!! Thanks

Here is a good link to look over

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30455
Ya know Carl, if I was generating business for you, you clearly wouldn't be making threats to shut me up. I see a conflict in your actions and your statements.

I'm glad you picked that thread to review on Speedtalk. What you don't know is that I spoke both to the customer and the engine builder on that engine, and at the end of the day, there was no problem. Good link. Thank you.

As far as your "do a search" crap, it's just that. You spent the last six years trashing us, and got some people on the bandwagon. The fact of the matter is we've put out 10s of 1000s of blocks and have very few people with problems, like you.

Do a search, yeah, the internet would never lie would it. I don't know what the results would or wouldn't be but I can tell you it is what it is when you're in business and do volume.

I can also tell you I have PERSONALLY called people who said they had problems, who bitched and complained on forums. When you actually dig down and find out the root cause, it is not the product's problem. People like to complain on forums and everyone is the worlds best engine builder. But I can tell you that there are NOT a whole lot of defective parts out there, and when it was demonstrated, we fixed it.

I can give you the example of the guy who was "building engines for 41 years" and called and told me my bore centers were off by .050. That he had a set of head gaskets from Cometic that "lined up perfectly" with his Edelbrock heads, but were into the cyl bores on the block.

That we cast it wrong, on and on and on.

Well, after spending hours of my time trying to figure it out, the guy calls me and tells me he was putting the gasket on the block the wrong way. He laid down a FELPRO gasket, which he was used to using, and the block was dead nuts on. If this guy got on a forum, instead of sending an email, the story would be our bores were off no matter what happened. With a bunch of experts making comments, all of which never looked at the problem.

The difference between you and him, is that he admits when he's wrong.

You like links Carl...here's one for ya:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=490915

Note post 9.

Now look at this:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=495146

Carl has a point about customer service being a little weak in the past. I have to give him that. Now, it's not nearly as bad as he tries to make it out to be but I'm here for you guys. Nights, holidays, weekends. I took calls Thanksgiving day. I answer emails until Midnight.

I don't know what to do to provide any better service. Anything you need, you have my number.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Y'know, being an engine builder is a lot like being a custom painter . . you only hear about the bad ones . . And often as not they're not nearly as bad as the unhappy customer makes them out to be.

An old friend has been a prolific racing engine builder for over 40 years, and when his name is mentioned, there's always someone who'll bring up a "Grenade" he built for so and so . .

Nobody ever says diddly about all the ones he built that didn't "grenade" . .

Jus' sayin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -