View Poll Results: Do you feel "nonprofit" is considered spam?
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Post changed...cannot remove

Old 07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

olds48 i resd your post and i imagined that my little granddaughter needed that money to help her.and all of a sudden it wasnt spam anymore.if it will raise a few dollars to help a kid somewhere. i dont care if they put it on here. my little girl was born with a heart problem. didnt know if she would live or die. she was so tiny. her parents didnt have any money. a millon plus and 3yrs latter i get to hear pappa. and i dont care who paid for it or how much, i get to hear pappa.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 AM
hooper77
APPRENTICE

Default Thank you for your kind words "outlaw256"

Thank you for your kind words "outlaw256". I am glad to hear that everything worked out and you get to hear "pappa"! God is good!

Gather your friends up and vote. The "Yes" it is spam is leading right now and after tomorrow this post might be gone.

If it is, thank you to everyone that gave it a chance and read about it!

My niece is going in for a major heart surgery in September. St. Judes is the place helping her and her family.

On a different note, God saved my life in a major wreck in December, so I am a better person because of it. I thank God everyday for every breath!

To everyone, take care and God Bless you and your family,
Hooper
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 AM
hooper77
APPRENTICE

Default Cannot remove

I have found no way to remove this post on this forum. Sorry. If anyone knows, please tell me how.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I feel it's spam when it's somebody coming on here only to post their raffle, contest, or whatever. But It's more acceptable when it comes from a regular member.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
I feel it's spam when it's somebody coming on here only to post their raffle, contest, or whatever. But It's more acceptable when it comes from a regular member.
even though I was first to holler SPAM on this thread...you make a good point, and I sorta agree. :?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:11 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I have no doubt this is a wonderful cause and would be happy to support it.

The question propossed was not if it was a good cause, but weather it should be classified as spam. Any unsolicited advertisment is spam and should be placed in the advertisment section.

Bill
Old 08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i know your right blittle,way deep down i know its spam,BUT its for the kids so i guess i turn a blind eye. when my granddaughter was born 6 wks. early and with heart problems it has really softened me up to kids needs. any kid any need anyway possible to get what they need.BUT its still spam.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I read the whole thread. At first, I was thinking Spam... & then I saw a change in perspective... if it were my kid, I would reach as many, wherever I could. If it was a members kid, I would donate... period. I know that if this was my son or daughter, you guys would help me if you could. So, I have to go with my heart on this one & support the kids who need help.... I am happy to donate too.

If this were "work at home & make millions from your home sipping Martini's by poolside" type of ad, I would say go away & pound sand... that belongs somwhere else.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Do you think it would be ok if the raffle or contest would be listed under events? Because that's kinda what it is. Just a thought.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Very good point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -