Fast & Furious 4

Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

"Bullitt", with Steve McQueen, best car chase ever filmed. Le Mans, nothing on earth sounds like a porsche V-12 at full song, flying down the Mulsanne straight. Except maybe, a V-12 ferrari. Not a car guy movie, but "On Any Sunday", was good too, for the dirt bike crowd. For you dirt track guys, check out "get back to dirt", great movie about dirt track racers at the devil's bowl down in Texas.

Brian, in the original, Kowalski, outran a helicopter in that challenger, and the white car burning at the end of the movie, was a Camaro, in the original.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

HOW ABOUT "HOT ROD" THE ORIGINAL MOVIE, GUY BUILDS A WILLYS WITH A HEMI, VERY GOOD...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Seen the movie today not a bad movie alot of action and FICTION, Love the 70 chevelle. I see everyone talking about old car movies, i was flipping thru the channels over the weekend how about Mel Gibson in MAD MAX that is always good for a laugh. :lol: :lol:
Old 04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know which one of the F&F movies it was that I saw, but I only saw one. It had a Black Charger which did a wheelie. That same car was here at a car show in Lane County... IT HAD A HYDRAULIC/WHEEL ASSMBLY THAT LIFTED THE FRONT UP TO MAKE A FAKE WHEELSTAND!!!!! I wanted to spit on that Hollywood POS... any car that requires a lap-top in the drivers seat to tune it while racing is outlawed in my book of cool cars too.

I remember the original "Vanishing Point", Gone in 60, A/G, 2Ln Blktp, & another movie (can't remember the name) where guy's were stealing hot-rod parts to keep racing too. Hey, remember "Death race 2000???" that was cheesy. Man, we need some good hot-rod flicks.

Don't forget that scene in "Bullit" w/ Steve Mcqueen.... scoot
Old 04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Rigsby, I always wonderd how they did that ? Hyd. wheels to lift the front up in the air .never would of thought of that one.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep- it had a hydraulic cyclinder built in to the center section of the car that came down w/ wheels that lifted the front.... they had the car displayed that way at the show. Weird....
Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, it was funny watching that Charger's 'wheelstand'.
Yanking the fronts until the rear bumper dragged ON THE STREET in an unprepared section with all the daily traffic grit to boot and on 10's. So hokey it was hilarious :shock: :shock:
I've got '2 Lane Blacktop' and have just about worn it out also. We need a well acted, produced, and realistic CAR MOVIE !! Ya hear that Hollywierd !!

With all of us boomers out there , it'd make a brazillion bucks !
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

i always hated how in the 3rd one they put that damn rice burner 4 banger in that 69 fastback........i meen i may not like fords to much, but to me thats a desgrace to the pony car lol

but then u also have to figure its a movie about drift racing so most people knew goin into it it would be stupid lol
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

My better half and I saw the new fast and furious movie last night. For the 4th movie it was better than I had thought it would be
I do feel kinda' stupid though, spending a lot of my money on suspension parts to get my car too hook and saw that it can be done on Mexican desert with street tires
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

HOOPER Burt Reynolds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -