SBC on Alcohol

Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

www.killerrons.com
James Monroe is by far the best to deal with on this, I also had a toilet from him on one car when I had the carbs on the other. Toilets are fast !! and can be deadly in the right hands !
Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Must watch what i say i might ruffle David"s feathers again! I could give you one sucees story one after the other on Ruperts carbs but i wont get in a pissing contest. I now run a Bolaws system on a 565BBC. I had a Terminator Fuel Injection system from Rons that i ran on my SB chevys for 4 years. I will say it will pick your ET up a bunch. I could move it back and fourth from my 377 to my 463 and do nothing but change the pills. It was also very consistant. The only problem i had with it was on my 463 was when it got cold it was harder to start, it had 16-1 compression. I also had an electric primer on it that worked really well. The only thing you dont want to do is go playing around with the barrel valve. If you need to richen or lean the barrel valve you should call Rons and let them explain it to you. Once you have it right all you have to do is change the main jet from cool weather to hot weather. Thanks, Don
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

not ruffling my feathers but Ruperts is a asshole and I dont want anyone else to waste there money with him like I did.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Does that mean you wont waste any more money on an engine from APD since you got a bad one. You should have sent it back to Rupert if there was a problem with it and he would have fixed it! Call Jeggie see what he thinks i bet he has a dozen of them.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Your right I wont waste another dime on a motor from APD but will use there carbs. I did try calling Rupert several times and got nothing back from him.

There is way more big hitters winning with APD stuff then anything,
Scotty & Edmond Richardson, Gary and Troy Williams, Ricky Baher, The Mayse's, Bogaki, the list goes on and on there is a reason they use these and not rupert. If rupert truely would have fixed it for me I would maybe be still running them but who switches from gas to alky and gets nothing from it ... Rupert customers
Old 06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Like I said I will bad mouth Rupert anyday all day and have for a few years :lol:
I hope you dont take that offensive towards you .. :lol: :wink:
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

If you think those guys are winning because they run APD carbs you are sadly mistaken. They win by carring 3or4 in the bank and win by driving the finish line. My son put Rustin Mayse out Saturday night by running dead on with a 2 and a .009 light. Maybe i should be bragging on our new Bolaws fuel system but we havnt had it long enough to brag yet Those guys can put your ass out with a junky Barry Grant carb.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by davis419b
Must watch what i say i might ruffle David"s feathers again! I could give you one sucees story one after the other on Ruperts carbs but i wont get in a pissing contest. I now run a Bolaws system on a 565BBC. I had a Terminator Fuel Injection system from Rons that i ran on my SB chevys for 4 years. I will say it will pick your ET up a bunch. I could move it back and fourth from my 377 to my 463 and do nothing but change the pills. It was also very consistant. The only problem i had with it was on my 463 was when it got cold it was harder to start, it had 16-1 compression. I also had an electric primer on it that worked really well. The only thing you dont want to do is go playing around with the barrel valve. If you need to richen or lean the barrel valve you should call Rons and let them explain it to you. Once you have it right all you have to do is change the main jet from cool weather to hot weather. Thanks, Don
Well, I guess from the input I have two different theorey's on alc carbs. Do I have general concencous on the toilet? LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I appreciate the feedback guy's. Hopefully this will be a relatively smooth transition. I'm sure I'll have a learing curve but that applies to about anything you do in life.

Thanks, Bill