Why do tracks

Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Why do tracks

Even open when they know its cold outside and then not prep the track for anything with hp ?!?

I had a very frustration weekend to say the least.. went to 131 yesterday to break in some new tires and make sure everything woked well after the rewire. I couldnt even begin to tell you how bad that place was .. at 1000ft I was thanking the big guy above I didnt total my car on my 3rd pass down the track ... $100.00 bucks and my day down the drain ...

today I really wanted to see if these tires works .. went to Milan .. today was nicer and the sun was out so I thought I would be in luck .. boy was I wrong !! I couldnt get past 500ft today without feeling like I was on a slip and slide.... I even called before I left and asked if it was going to be sprayed and prepped as I had a 7.4's car.. sure will be I was told. I even tried a buddies tires straight off his car ... same results.

sorry for the venting but its unreal to me why tracks put people in danger like this ... and I guess shame on me for even trying to race at these places with mid 50's weather ?!?

I hope to get one last effort at it this next weekend at Norwalks Halloween Classic .. that place will be prepped !!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Damn Dave sorry to hear about all that! A couple friends of mine went out to trails today and had similar results. 9.50 car was slip slidin before the 1/8th mile.

On the bright side, you know that Norwalk hooks even in the snow :lol:
Old 10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

They do it for the money,period....
Old 10-18-2009, 03:22 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I am really surprised you got anything in seeing the weather around for the last couple days. As for Milan, it is a skating rink on a good day. We do not go up there any longer. Not worth it.

We will be pulling in to the classic Thursday night.

What size tire did you put on?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:25 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I am really surprised you got anything in seeing the weather around for the last couple days. As for Milan, it is a skating rink on a good day. We do not go up there any longer. Not worth it.

We will be pulling in to the classic Thursday night.

What size tire did you put on?
weather was actually pretty nice out, i've sure raced in worse

Went with the 3185 MT 33.5's I've been trying to get a entry into fridays race .. they have some open but I cant get it until I get to the gate which means I may show up wed or early thursday

No doubt these places care more about money then anything ... very sad what things have came to
Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, you thinking that it might be time to step up to the 34.5's?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, you thinking that it might be time to step up to the 34.5's?
nope I refuse to run them, not because I dont think it'd maybe slow it down into the range thats deadly but all my last cars it wasnt needed to go this fast. I sure hope it was the track .. if not you'll see me doing some major changing at the classic lol
Mongs was actually better with the 33.5 mt over the 34.5 hoosiers.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I don't think you will slow down with them. I know that we ran the left lane a lot the last trip to bunker hill. The car was 1.066-1.071 with no signs of shake at all. You and Mong were the only ones I saw having issues. This time of the year, we would struggle on cold tracks with the injection hitting the tire hard. Is the converter your to aggressive for the cold track?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I don't think you will slow down with them. I know that we ran the left lane a lot the last trip to bunker hill. The car was 1.066-1.071 with no signs of shake at all. You and Mong were the only ones I saw having issues. This time of the year, we would struggle on cold tracks with the injection hitting the tire hard. Is the converter your to aggressive for the cold track?
Mongs wasnt having issues at the hill when we were there, he had issues a few weeks before that though with the 34.5 hoosiers on his, he had mt's on there when we were there. first 60FT doesnt seem to be the issue its at the shift that seems to be the issue, 1.072-1.078 4 hits today, even at bunker with the wore out gys it was 1.05 but wouldnt make it at the shift.
I do have my none aggressive converter in there 6800 loose as they come, was made for my orange car when it was a hardtail and has been pretty trusty to be no aggressive. Today it did manage to get about 500-550ft 4.81@129 was 3.049 to the 330.

But the main issue even with Crawfords hoosiers today was that it would not stay straight when it started making power after the shift, . Its a scary ride ... if I do anything I may put a 3.90 gear in it this winter to calm it down a little.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Our little backwoods track was hooking great, hooking so good I broke my dana 60 :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -