Sellers: Do you really wonder why your stuff doesn't sell?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

No way would I deal with someone for three months for a sale, whatever the price...
Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mytmouz
No way would I deal with someone for three months for a sale, whatever the price...
Why ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Sometimes there are cases where you do have to deal a little longer. A prime example would be dealing with selling a car that is being shipped out of the country. I know that I helped put together a deal that sent a 66 Nova to Australia. It took about a few weeks of questions, a week to get a deposit, a few weeks for the broker handling the transaction for the buyer to get all his documents in line and then the money transfer to go thru. All in all, probably 8-10 weeks until the car was paid for and picked up.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Sometimes there are cases where you do have to deal a little longer. A prime example would be dealing with selling a car that is being shipped out of the country. I know that I helped put together a deal that sent a 66 Nova to Australia. It took about a few weeks of questions, a week to get a deposit, a few weeks for the broker handling the transaction for the buyer to get all his documents in line and then the money transfer to go thru. All in all, probably 8-10 weeks until the car was paid for and picked up.
Pretty much same here. Sold oout of Country..The man was working on the deal each week. Lot of laws many do not know of importing race cars into another country. At the end of the 3 month hassle. I counted 70,000 in hundreds to the bank. I am about to list Nova and I will be patient.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I am always patient if I know the buyer is serious. When I sold my 79 Z28 to a guy in Amarillo Texas, we talked for almost 2 months before money changed hands. I had no other "serious" buyers inquire in the time that he and I were talking. He paid me and the car sat in my garage for almost another month while he arranged shipping.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: answer to shybx 1969

Originally Posted by jtortorete
GUY,

ALL YOU SAY IS TRUE, BUT IT IS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBLE TO GET OUT OF THE SELLER ALL HE NEEDS TO KNOW, OR YOU JUST DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING SAID, AND GO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. ALSO YOU CAN JUST WALK AWAY. THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER ONE OUT THERE TO BUY.

IF YOU REALLY ARE INTO THIS SPORT, NO ONE SHOULD DISCOURAGE YOU FROM DOING WHAT YOU REALLY ENJOY; OR YOU ARE AT THE POINT WHERE YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR A NEW HOBBY LIKE YOUR FRIEND DID.

I HAVE BEEN BUYING USED STUFF FOR A LONG TIME. SINCE THE 60'S, AND IF IT IS WHAT I WANT OR NEED, I DO RESEARCH WORK OVER THE PHONE, AND GET PICTURES, AND THEN IF I AM BUYING SOMETHING OVER $10,000, I DO LOOK AT IT. YOU NEED TO BE NUTS IF YOU DO NOT. IF YOU NEED TO FLY, OR TAKE YOUR TRAILER, THAT IS WHAT YOU DO. I HAVE DONE BOTH. I CAME HOME EMPTY HANDED, BUT SATISFIED THAT I DID NOT LOSE MY MONEY ON A GUYS WORD AND HIS PICTURES.

I ALSO BOUGHT THE RACE CAR I AM RACING NOW. I GOT IT FROM A GUY 1000 MILES FROM MY HOME, AND BROUGHT THE CAR HOME ON THE GUYS TRAILER, I BOUGHT WITH THE CAR. IT TOOK ME 3 MONTHS OF DEALING TO GET IT, BUT I SURE WAS HAPPY WHEN I DID.

I DO NOT BELIEVE PEOPLE IN THIS SPORT ARE BORN TO CHEAT YOU, LIE TO YOU ON PURPOSE, OR TO PROCRASTINATE ON GETTING YOU THE INFO YOU NEED. THEY ARE MOSTLY LAZY OR BUSY PEOPLE, SO IF YOU WANT IT YOU NEED TO PERSIST.

JUST USE COMMON SENSE, BE PERSISTENT, OR IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED IN ANY WAY, JUST WALK AWAY!

JACK

"DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY"
Hey pal dont jump down my throat, im not buying your car/ or selling too you..Im just telling you how most people are.If you cant handle what im saying too bad.I didnt say thiers anything wrong with asking alotta ??? see you give yer opinion yer a bad guy...
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Why ?
Because there is pretty much zero chance I got more for it than I was originally asking for it. And three months is wasting my time, which I value.
A non refundable deposit while shipping was arranged, and waiting on the funds to clear, maybe...
Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

We each have a 'tolerance level' when it comes to moving iron......
Old 03-06-2014, 12:42 PM
jtortorete
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default WHY WAIT?

GUYS,

SORRY IF I GOT PEOPLE ROWELED UP, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT, IT IS JUST MY THOUGHTS.

WHAT BRICK SAID IT PARTLY THE ANSWER. TOLERANCE LEVEL. IF YOU HAVE IT AND YOU ARE CONTROLLING THE DEAL, THEN USE IT.

MYTMOUZ DOES NOT HAVE THE PATIENTS TO WAIT.

SKYBX1969 THOUGHT I WAS ATTACKING HIS APPROACH TO BUYING OR SELLING. I DO NOT MEAN TO.

BJUICE FEELS THE POSSIBLE LOSE OF A DEPOSIT, AND THE TIME WAITING IS WASTED. MY OPINION IS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CAN GAIN FROM THE WAIT, AND THE WAIT DOES NOT EFFECT ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE GOING ON, AS THAT IS ALL IT IS; IS TIME. NOTHING ELSE I HAD GOING ON WAS AFFECTED, SO I USED THE TIME WAIT TO MY ADVANTAGE.

HARBONE'S DEAL WAS SIMILAR TO MINE EXCEPT I WAS THE BUYER.

HERE IS MY DEAL;
I SPOTTED A DOOR CAR I REALLY LIKED IN RJ IN NOVEMBER. IT WAS IN MISSOURI, 1000 MILES FROM ME. I CALLED THE GUY AND HE WAS DESPERATE TO SELL IT, TURN KEY WITH THE TRAILER. WE TALKED THROUGH DECEMBER, AND IN JANUARY THE PRICE DROPPED BUT NO ONE HAD APPROACHED HIM SO FAR WITH A CASH OFFER. AT THE END OF JANUARY I OFFERED HIM CASH $5,000 LESS THAN HE WAS ORIGINALLY ASKING FOR THE CAR AND TRAILER. HE TOOK IT! I SENT HIM $500 HOLD MONEY AND WAITED FOR THE WEATHER TO GET BETTER. A COUPLE WEEKS LATER I TOOK MY TRUCK AND WENT ANY GO IT. I WAS JUST AS THE PICTURES HE SENT AND THE INFORMATION HE GAVE ME. I DID GET HIS GUARANTEE, IF THE CAR WAS NOT AS HE SAID I WOULD GET MY $500 BACK. SO I DID TAKE THAT CHANCE OF NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT BEFORE.

THE $5,000 I SAVED BOUGHT ME MOST OF THE PIECES FOR A NEW 421 SB, AND I SOLD OFF MOST OF THE MOTOR HE HAD IN THE CAR.

WINTER TIME FOR ME THEN, AND ESPECIALLY NOW IT FREE TIME BECAUSE I AM RETIRED. SO HAVING THE PATIENTS SAVED ME A LOT OF MONEY.

IF I DID NOT GET THE CAR, ANOTHER ONE WOULD HAVE SHOWN UP.

JACK

DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
jtortorete
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default BJUICE COMMENT

BJUICE,

SORRY I MISSED YOUR COMMENT ON THE $70 GRAND, AND SELLING YOUR NOVA.

YOU ARE THE MAN! WHAT DID YOU SELL FOR $70K? WHEN IS THE NOVA DOING UP?

JACK

"DONT WORRY BE HAPPY! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -