dumb question about for sale cars

Old 02-02-2014, 10:49 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I look at the entire add not just the pictures. The more detailed the add, quality pictures, the better the add is written is my first indication of who I want to deal with.
If a guy is to lazy to write a good add he's not serious about selling anyway.
Short adds, no pictures, poor descriptions or "listed for a friend" are all bad signs to me.

IMO no pictures or no no emails means they don't want to put things in writing. They would rather try to weasel out of a bad deal if they need to.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default ads

The internet and websites are a two sided sword, it is a great forum to buy sell and meet and greet people, but that opens the door to "bad" opportunities for some folks.
People are still generally honest but, anyone that has been on the internet knows we have some real "characters" out there.
Best advise: communicate,get pictures, speak to the buyer/seller, look/review the pictures, ask questions,
I think alot of great info is in this thread, Good Luck...you will find something.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: dumb question about for sale cars

Originally Posted by joecool1
I'm new on the forum but have been on the for sale side for years.
Retired and decided to get another bracket car to have some fun with. I am running into some sellers who have quite an attitude.OK ,I know there are jerks out there but it comes with the territory.
If as a seller , you think I will drive 1000 miles with a pocket full of $100 bills because of ONE picture and a three line description you are nuts.If I go to the trouble to email asking specific questions I am interested in your car. Statements like "you can't build this car for what I am asking"or" Its first class everything" doesn't give me any info on the car.
Taking three pics at midnight in a thunderstorm with your cell phone does not help sell your car.Come on ,you have to know someone who has a decent digital camera. Pics of the car in a dark building with your wifes Xmas decorations piled on it isn't going to make it seem that attractive either.
"I don't really have to sell just checking to see whats out there" Really ???
" Phone only I do not answer emails or texts." Then I call and get your voice mail, of course you never return the call. Obviously me and my money are not important to you .
"No picture collectors" I am a computer Idiot but I can put 50 pics on Image shack or photo bucket in just a few minutes .Anyone who wants can access them without bothering you.Easy Peasy.
In the last three weeks I have replied to three for sale adds,none of the three has returned any pics, two promised to do it same day,one said they didn't have any more pics,all three failed to answer questions . These were items that should have been in the add( weight, certify ,titled, ect)

Now, its your car you can do anything you want with it . If you want to SELL it write an add with all the info in it, add a link to pictures or pics in the add, and if someone asks questions they are not doing it because there bored. It only takes one person to buy your car, and who knows which one it will be.
I didn't post this to start a spitting contest,just thought instead of wondering why your car isn't selling ,maybe you would want to change the approach.
Man ain't it the truth ! lol..

Tell ya what I been on both ends...right now I would like to sell my 67 Nova even went thru the expense of upgrading the chassis to 7.50et 25.5. I just don't want to deal with the non-sense. I know I could not replace the car for what I would sell it for...So this is keeping me being ok NOT selling it cause I know there will come a day I get the itch and will not have it in the garage so that would be a bad day.

But back to you the buyer...never understood why a seller thinks they are doing the buyer a favor...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-03-2014, 07:25 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I generally always try to have something listed. When it's a car, there will be plenty of photos and have no issue getting more if needed. If it's a basic part, I post 1 picture and if requested I can get more photos. For me to take a little of my time to sell something should be expected when I post an ad. These guys that don't want to be bothered with pictures, calls or emails in my opinion really don't want to sell what they have.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

What i cant stand is when i say firm....i mean firm no trades, not gonna sell lower, or i dont wanta time share, believe me ive heard it all.Im suprised i havnt been offered a nite w/someones hot wife to get what im sellin. I know a few guys who would consider it LOL...