GAS PRICES!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ash
Well, if you don't want to do anything about how much you are paying for a tank of gas, such as making last longer, you probably shouldn't complain about it. :lol: I don't like paying over $3 a gallon anymore than the next guy, but the gas companies are not going to do any of us any favors anytime soon. Sooooo...... the only way us regular people can do anything about it is to p!$$-off the gas companies by getting better milage!! 8)
I have every right to complain I live in american where we have freedom of speech!
It was just an idea, if you dont want to support it you dont have to, thats "YOUR" right. Either way you dont have to bash my driving habits because you disagree? Fact is
there is no shortage of gas, just greedy high powered goverment tainted oil companys ripping you off. I'm gonna be driving my big gas guzzling suburban or my wifes v8 explorer as fast as I want.
If your so worried about saving gas, go buy a disposable import that gets 40 MPG and when your hungry and out of work from supporting foreign car companys you can eat it!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by ash
Well, if you don't want to do anything about how much you are paying for a tank of gas, such as making last longer, you probably shouldn't complain about it. :lol: I don't like paying over $3 a gallon anymore than the next guy, but the gas companies are not going to do any of us any favors anytime soon. Sooooo...... the only way us regular people can do anything about it is to p!$$-off the gas companies by getting better milage!! 8)
I have every right to complain I live in american where we have freedom of speech!
It was just an idea, if you dont want to support it you dont have to, thats "YOUR" right. Either way you dont have to bash my driving habits because you disagree? Fact is
there is no shortage of gas, just greedy high powered goverment tainted oil companys ripping you off. I'm gonna be driving my big gas guzzling suburban or my wifes v8 explorer as fast as I want.
If your so worried about saving gas, go buy a disposable import that gets 40 MPG and when your hungry and out of work from supporting foreign car companys you can eat it!
Lets see..... Wouldn't YOU be hungry and out of work from supporting gas companys by driving guzzlers constantly? Last I knew, you get much better mileage in a Cobalt VS a Suburban. Both have their purpose.

Gas will get scarce in a few decades. And you'll be paying for what little you can get. This is fact.

I didn't see where you were getting bashed above. Just the fact that gas will last longer in the tank if you take your foot off the pedal a bit, IE: 70 vs 90 down the highway. If you want to do 90, go for it. I do.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jbsjunk
Originally Posted by ash
Lets see..... Wouldn't YOU be hungry and out of work from supporting gas companys by driving guzzlers constantly? Last I knew, you get much better mileage in a Cobalt VS a Suburban. Both have their purpose.

Gas will get scarce in a few decades. And you'll be paying for what little you can get. This is fact.

I didn't see where you were getting bashed above. Just the fact that gas will last longer in the tank if you take your foot off the pedal a bit, IE: 70 vs 90 down the highway. If you want to do 90, go for it. I do.
I dont drive ninety unless I'm at the track, usually drive about 5 over the speed limit to keep Johney law off my butt.
I drive big Gas guzzling vehicles cause I have big family and lots of stuff to carry, for instance: the wheelchair my oldest daughter uses, also it would be kinda hard having to lift her in and out of a small cramp car. But thx for asking.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:28 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

I drive big Gas guzzling vehicles cause I have big family and lots of stuff to carry, for instance: the wheelchair my oldest daughter uses, also it would be kinda hard having to lift her in and out of a small cramp car. But thx for asking.
You're not going to get the "pity me" routine from me because someone in your family is in a wheelchair. I know all about that all too well. I drove my mom around and had to carry her in and out of my cars/trucks for a couple decades till 2 years ago when she died. She was in a wheelchair.

BTW, I didn't ask.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I wasnt asking for your pity "JERK" I was only making a statement as to why I have large vehicle(s) and why a cobalt or any other small compact car wouldn't suit my needs. And I know you didnt ask I wasn't implying you did.
But you made a generic statement without the concideration that not all people fall into that "generic situation" is the reason I said that.
Next time maybe you'll think before typing something stupid.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:39 AM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

I wasnt asking for your pity "JERK" I was only making a statement as to why I have large vehicle(s) and why a cobalt or any other small compact car wouldn't suit my needs. And I know you didnt ask I wasn't implying you did.
But you made a generic statement without the concideration that not all people fall into that "generic situation" is the reason I said that.
Jerk? That's a pretty strong word coming from a a$$hole. Perhaps you should try going back to school and learn to read again.

This sure sounds like you're asking for something....
I never did ask WHY you have what you have, YOU implied that.

This wasn't a generic statement. It's fact, if you bothered to read the whole bit. You would've seen it don't apply to everyone. One extreme to another.
Last I knew, you get much better mileage in a Cobalt VS a Suburban. Both have their purpose.
Next time YOU should think before typing something stupid, like your first post in this thread.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:09 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Whoa there cepx111.

I do not see where anyone has attacked you or made any personal reference to your family or anything to get you so riled up.

Remember when you start a thread about anything controversial you are going to get varied opinions and some you may or may not agree with.
One thing to remember and it will help you here and in everyday life is that you cannot take these things personally, it is just a post or a remark, nothing more.

I had that called to my attention here recently and I can tell you that if you look at things this way your blood pressure will drop by at least 20 points.

Also, remember that we are all (in a manner of speaking) family here.

Now lets all play nice and have a big group hug....even the lil oinker can get a hug.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:11 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

you know I dont know how this post got out of hand, but it is a subject that makes people pretty upset, I have drove lil economy cars for the last 8yrs, to work and around town, I'm a big ass dude and it wasnt fun but now that gas is damn expensive, I have a full size truck to drive. I love hot rods and driving my slamed to the ground truck, with the dual pipes making noise, stereo blarring metal, and grabing gears with the pro rachet, Thats how I like to get to work!!!!!!!! this high gas price thing pisses me off, but I wont call anyone anyname's. You are all into dragracing and hotrods, so we like the same things and you too are not happy with these prices, for a fuel that makes our toys RUN!!!!! And if any of you want to drive a geo, go ahaid I just sold mine good on gas, but not any fun
Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="jbsjunk"]
Jerk? That's a pretty strong word coming from a a$$hole. Perhaps you should try going back to school and learn to read again.

This sure sounds like you're asking for something....
I never did ask WHY you have what you have, YOU implied that.

This wasn't a generic statement. It's fact, if you bothered to read the whole bit. You would've seen it don't apply to everyone. One extreme to another.
Last I knew, you get much better mileage in a Cobalt VS a Suburban. Both have their purpose.
I was merley making my statement as to why I drive big vehicles you assumed I didn't need to be driving one or that I was just rolling around the interstate at 90 miles an hour. I know you didnt ask which is the whole reason I made the rebutle in the first place. IF you "HAD" asked you would of known why I drive the vehicles I do. The" THX FOR ASKING" was sarcaism on my part. DUH!
But you obvioulsy didn't get it.
Have a good day I'm going to the races.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

Screw that, I wanna be the first one to the track!!!!
I only drive the speed limit on the way home.
This sounds like you fly, not do 70 as you said.

I was merley making my statement as to why I drive big vehicles you assumed I didn't need to be driving one or that I was just rolling around the interstate at 90 miles an hour. I know you didnt ask which is the whole reason I made the rebutle in the first place. IF you "HAD" asked you would of known why I drive the vehicles I do. The" THX FOR ASKING" was sarcaism on my part. DUH!
But you obvioulsy didn't get it.
Have a good day I'm going to the races.
Where did I say you don't need to drive big things?? As for asking why you need bigger rigs, it isn't my business. As for the sarcaism, I'm full of it.

I'm done with this. I guess there are 3 things that shouldn't be discussed without causing a brawl: Politics, religion and gas prices. :wink:

Have a good day, I'm gonna play in the rain (Currently raining here.)

As a side note, gas has dropped about .25 in the last week in my area. Was $3.60, now seen it $3.32. Yay for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -