Milky oil and alcohol

Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
We run the head mount on a few cars for the vaccum canister so I do not think that is a issue, but worth a try. You need a in car vacuum gauge to see whats its doing down track. I havent drained my vacuum canister in over a month and 75 runs.

There is no reason for you to run a 41 nozzel IMO, dynos always like more fuel, drop that to a 40 and I'd be shocked if it didnt run faster again.
I am same CI with more power and have no where near that much fuel, mine would be a slug with that much fuel.

Did I read right your water temp was 220 degrees after a run ?

Your gaining ground but from the dyno #'s I seen I thought it'd be a 7.70s player.
I don't have any 40 nozzles. I have 39's and ran them on the dyno with a 82 main pill. It made about the same HP and torque as the 41 nozzles with the 88 main pill.
I will change to that configuration next Sunday.

I just talked to Moroso, and they too are puzzled that the header evac system seems to work better than the vacuum pump. He also didn't think that the catch can being in the airflow was contributing to the oil spray. I just thought that maybe with the high speed air rushing through the filter, there would be a venturi effect.
When the engine was on the dyno, the vacuum pump only spit out a couple of tablespoons of oil in 23 hits. That sounds more like what you get from yours.
I did get much better RPM with the header evac system than I did with the vacuum pump hooked up.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

BUT,What about that 220*Temp @ the Stripe,...........?>?
With ALL the Fuel you Throwing @ the Motor,where did that Temp come From?Are you Certain,theres NOT Serious Pressure in the Cooling System,......?//?
Later
G :?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

You're building a bunch of heat going down the track, it goes faster with a smaller pill in the main. Maybe just maybe it's a bit on the lean side.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by bbchevy
still wondering the same ?

Only way he needs this much fuel is, there is a vacuum leak, barrel valve is screwed up and not getting full fuel, or the pump is weak.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Only way he needs this much fuel is, there is a vacuum leak, barrel valve is screwed up and not getting full fuel, or the pump is weak.
I'm thinking the higher temp was due to perhaps over-leaning in the staging lanes and before the burnout box. I wasn't running the water pump or the fan on that run.

I had the Enderle 0-1/2 pump flow tested. It was 5.5 GPM. And the car did pick up between run #2 and run #3 when I changed the pill and put a little more fuel to the engine.

Could my oil spray be because, on decelleration at the stripe, the oil in the top of the head rushes forward to the vacuum pump pick up? Has anyone else encounter this?

I am gonna tear the vac pump down, clean it and check it out. Then hook the vacuum pump inlet hose into the #8 AN breather outlets on the valve covers I use for the header evac system. I will change to the 39 nozzles and an 80 pill and see what happens with the temp and the ET.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99

I'm thinking the higher temp was due to perhaps over-leaning in the staging lanes and before the burnout box. I wasn't running the water pump or the fan on that run.

I had the Enderle 0-1/2 pump flow tested. It was 5.5 GPM. And the car did pick up between run #2 and run #3 when I changed the pill and put a little more fuel to the engine.

Could my oil spray be because, on decelleration at the stripe, the oil in the top of the head rushes forward to the vacuum pump pick up? Has anyone else encounter this?

I am gonna tear the vac pump down, clean it and check it out. Then hook the vacuum pump inlet hose into the #8 AN breather outlets on the valve covers I use for the header evac system. I will change to the 39 nozzles and an 80 pill and see what happens with the temp and the ET.
That explains the warm temps, but you always must run the water pump. Dont want hot spots.

The decelleration should be stopped with the moroso fitting in the valve cover as long as its not just some 12an fitting weleded to the valve cover, but I am sure you went through this and have the right fitting. You know the dirt track guys have a guard on the front of there breather canisters to stop dirt from coming it, possibly you could get a guard like this to stop air. Or stefs breathers suck air from the bottom and is incased.

Did you get a chance to drain the oil sense you've been home and be sure there is the right amount of qts of oil there ?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:28 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by kod99

That explains the warm temps, but you always must run the water pump. Dont want hot spots.

The decelleration should be stopped with the moroso fitting in the valve cover as long as its not just some 12an fitting weleded to the valve cover, but I am sure you went through this and have the right fitting. You know the dirt track guys have a guard on the front of there breather canisters to stop dirt from coming it, possibly you could get a guard like this to stop air. Or stefs breathers suck air from the bottom and is incased.

Did you get a chance to drain the oil sense you've been home and be sure there is the right amount of qts of oil there ?
I have the correct Moroso fitting. It's the one they recommend with the hree small holes in it. I think that tying the vacuum inlet into the breather caps should stop the blowing oil.
I haven't had a chance to change the oil yet. I will do that on Friday.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
maxpower671
SENIOR BUILDER

what engine temp are you entering the burnout box? staging temp? temp at the stripe? why so hot?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by maxpower671
what engine temp are you entering the burnout box? staging temp? temp at the stripe? why so hot?
On a normal run, I go into the box about 140 - 150 and am usually 180 - 190 at the stripe. The problem on that run was that I didn't turn on the water pump and fan like I usually do in the staging lanes.
It was a mistake I made because my mind was on the vacuum issue. Just a bit inattentive!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:04 AM
maxpower671
SENIOR BUILDER

ok, 190 sounds a little hot yet...keep giving it more fuel if it mph's better :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -