G-Body Inner fender removal ?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 AM
jmerc
SHOW GUEST

Default G-Body Inner fender removal ?

Im in the process of building an 85 Monte primarily for strip use. Basically powered by a blown small block with nitrous. Im in the process of doing the rear suspension with fully adjustable uppers and lowers and while waiting for the parts to come Ive been looking at the front end which will have to be done next. My question is should I replace the front inner fenders when Im done or leave them out, I dont thing they weigh that much so it wouldnt be a weight issue and Ive seen cars with them in as well as with them out any thoughts?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

They are plastic and dont weigh anything at all, the only issue I had in my malibu was at the track I went to, it had some gravel paths on the way to the pits, the front tires would pick rocks up and bounce them everywhere around the engine compartment, if you dont run an air cleaner that could be a bad thing...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

X2 on the removal, unless you're running fenderwell headers, i'd leave them in. the only part i removed was a small section on the drivers side front for a 3 gal. fuel cell.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

x3 plus if you ever drive on streets to shows or cruises and rained big mess btw 77 montes have plastic too
Old 12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I left mine in also,but cut everthing else that was not important.