new to all the racing

Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MURFF!!!!!---WORK VERY QUICKLY/ IT ISN'T TO LATE :cry: :cry: :cry: ---YOU CAN KEEP THIS BOY OFF OF THAT TERRIBLE DRUG :x :shock: :x :shock: [ CHEVY POWER] :? :? :? :? HUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome and be cautious of that "GREAT DEAL"> Do your home work and dont rush into anything, if in doubt run it thru the user feedback and scammers section of this forum first.
Goodluck, Charles
Old 09-29-2007, 02:43 PM
LoriG
SHOW GUEST

Although I may not know much about racing I am not only scared for my son, but I just want him to enjoy himself.

He is only 9yrs (going on 10). He competes in races in Eastern MA, and some in New Hampshire. He races with his cousins so I guess it's a family thing. Right now he lives with his dads parents and I am only concerned because in the past few weeks his cousin has had a couple bad spills. I tell my son to race because he enjoys it and let the competing part be his last priority.

Although the family is relatively new to all this I just don't want it to be a priority. They have already let him & his cousins miss school so they can travel to the race a day early.

Anyway guys thanks for the advice on the site. And although I use this site a lot I don'e necissarily come to the forum all the time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:32 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Sunflwr,

While I appreciate your concern for your son, this is so much better than having him running on the streets, getting into street racing (which is much more dangerous), drugs, or other things that are a lot worse than racing.

Having a thirst for this at his age is wonderful.
He will learn a lot of life lessons, such as sportsmanship, ethics and many more.

I hear what your saying about it taking priority over school and homework, those must come first.

Anyway, enjoy and if you need any advice or help let us know.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:07 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

sunflwr,
Tell your son a good education will increase his chances at a good paying job so he will have the money to go racing. Oh yeah and welcome
Old 09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Ididnt read the whole thread but, use the education to let him race if he does good in school. David.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

I used to bribe my kids with Go Kart racing to keep good grades. None of them race now but all four went to college and one became a Doctor. Best part we had a lot of fun doing it.

Tell your son, 'Smart goes fast" And that is the truth.