Possibly a bit overpriced?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Welp, I have read everyone's post & I think all you guys are good Americans like Rudy said. I do see that we have got our wires crossed... which sucks... but all are good people who are a lot alike.

This a strong group... has been for awhile. That is why I am here. I may be guilty of talking on here too much, but it is because of the great people. I like the fact that there is little idle-chat... we do get to the point & there is substance to many posts.

I see a few folks have said something to the effect of thinking more before they make a post/reply. That is wisdom my brethren. I too am guilty of firing off a comment with little/no thought... working on that still.

I don't know the ultimate solution to recent grumblings & what has been said here, but I will leave you all with this from our the Bible: "Be slow to anger, slow to speak, & quick to listen". :wink:
Old 10-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

"Be slow to anger, slow to speak, & quick to listen".

amen Scooter :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I really don't have much to say about all of this, but don't forget that no matter what you read you usually take it worse than how it was meant to be. When you only read something you don't get to see or hear the tone or expressions the person would say it with. 99% of the time it's not near as bad as you take it.
I'm not gonna say much more on this thread because I think most all of the regular guys and mods have good intentions with what they say and do on here and this was never meant to become a peeing match.

Almost any time somebody stamps your post and ask a question about it, it kinda does put you in automatic ticked off defense mode if you're a regular on the forum. That's just a part of a being on a forum, but it still easily start a mess like we have here.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Welp, I have read everyone's post & I think all you guys are good Americans like Rudy said. I do see that we have got our wires crossed... which sucks... but all are good people who are a lot alike.

This a strong group... has been for awhile. That is why I am here. I may be guilty of talking on here too much, but it is because of the great people. I like the fact that there is little idle-chat... we do get to the point & there is substance to many posts.

I see a few folks have said something to the effect of thinking more before they make a post/reply. That is wisdom my brethren. I too am guilty of firing off a comment with little/no thought... working on that still.

I don't know the ultimate solution to recent grumblings & what has been said here, but I will leave you all with this from our the Bible: "Be slow to anger, slow to speak, & quick to listen". :wink:
I agree scooter but at the same time this is a forum for learning, helping and entertainment. I am not saying it is ok to attack someone but I do not think every post has to be completely serious. I am more guilty than anyone of tossing out a one liner that has nothing to do with the topic. Sometimes I do it in an attempt to be funny and sometimes I am just trying to lighten the mood. Sometimes I am just bored. I agree there are times when it isn't appropriate...but we have enough stress and problems in our life. We don't need our online "life"( for lack of a better term) to be stressful as well. At least I don't. I come here to pass time and have a few laughs, and if I can answer a question every now and then and help someone learn from mistakes I've made then that's even better.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I really don't have much to say about all of this, but don't forget that no matter what you read you usually take it worse than how it was meant to be. When you only read something you don't get to see or hear the tone or expressions the person would say it with. 99% of the time it's not near as bad as you take it.
I'm not gonna say much more on this thread because I think most all of the regular guys and mods have good intentions with what they say and do on here and this was never meant to become a peeing match.

Almost any time somebody stamps your post and ask a question about it, it kinda does put you in automatic ticked off defense mode if you're a regular on the forum. That's just a part of a being on a forum, but it still easily start a mess like we have here.
EXACTLYDont take everything as an attack!! did anyone notice in brians comment on the steering wheel it ended with , LOL. It was meant in fun & everybody jumped on it like it was an attack :? guys.....lightin up. were all here for fun....save the attacks for the scammers(after you know they realy are one). :wink:
Old 10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Originally Posted by TheRabbit

EXACTLYDont take everything as an attack!! did anyone notice in brians comment on the steering wheel it ended with , LOL. It was meant in fun & everybody jumped on it like it was an attack :? guys.....lightin up. were all here for fun....save the attacks for the scammers(after you know they realy are one). :wink:
Oh yeah....this is a thread about a steering wheel aint it.

boy talk about getting off topic.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Todd I love your smart azz 1 liners. I type quit a few and delete 'em before I post 'em simply because most people don't know me or how to take me and get mad. I've always been a smart azz and all my friends growing up were too. No harm intended, it's just how we laughed at each other every day.

If this forum was about nothing but parts and tech help, it would be boring and I wouldn't be here long. To me it's about yacking with friends and other gearheads about whatever including some of the lumps life deals us and some of the things they are proud of like their families.
As far as giving advise on racing stuff. I don't give much 'cause I don't want to make myself look to stupid. I do ok own my own, but I send all my big stuff to guys that do it for a living that cost way to much, but I know it's right (suppose to be) come race day, but I do try to participate in the conversation if I can.