SOLD MY NOVA

Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default SOLD MY NOVA

It is just a car but I had owned it since 1996...I needed the money desperately.....paying my mortgage trumps drag racing. after 6 months of low ball offers,many of which were insulting...I finally let it go. Everyone knows that you NEVER get out what you put into these things...but still hard to swallow giving something away almost. As bad as I needed the cash it was still sad watching them load her up....I have been gone from here for quite awhile, but while I was here I learned a great deal from the best group of guys on the internet. Thank You all.

Todd
Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Todd I know how you feel. I had to sell the Stang cuz bills were more important. I had $5,000 in it and sold it for $2,400. It hasnt been the same since it left and it has been over a month already
Old 06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ain't no shame guys. Everybody has been there at one time. I do understand being a gear head how us gearheads need these cars in our life to keep us happy inside and out. I know all too well.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Tod,
Been there, done that, got several T-shirts ! IMHO, WAAAY worse than loosing a female companion ! NOTE; I'm NOT dissing any of you guys who have that one in a million relationship. I'll change my mind a little after I've met that 'dream gal' ! WAIT, I thought I already did ! OOPS, not what I thought !
Old 06-21-2013, 03:32 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Tod and Dirka,

I have respect for guys like you who stand up for their responsibilities in life and take it on the chin like a man should. I have known of many guys who let their home life suffer, getting utilities and such turned off just to race, fish, whatever the hobby. I'm sorry that you guys had to do it, but take solace in the respect you have earned from your friends and family. God bless and I hope things turn around for you both.

Curtis
Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear both Tod and Dirk but you each have your heads in the right place. Like Curtis said, I too know many a guys whos family life suffered because of their hobbies and their inabilities to see what was really important in life.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Curtis and Chris x 2
Losing money on a non esential project shows you have your head in the right place. God, family, friends, community and then the fun stuff.
I'll bet neither of you went whining to the government for a hand out.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

been there and done that. and I have the utmost respect for you tod and dirka.as most fo you know im a biker first ,then ya can call me a hotroddera d drag racer but bikes have always been my love.(customs, hate stock Harleys) anyway being a biker gets you into a worls a normal citizen just doestnt understand. ive watched some brothers. lose their jobs, houses, wife and kids even their tools but very rarely did they sell that bike. I understand that the bike is who we are but to me and a few others its responcibilties first..sorry this had to happen ,but believe me you did what a man should do. hurts like hell but life aint easy, if it was we all would getout of it alive! lol
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Don't fear guys, once you get it in your blood, it never goes away, there is another car in your futures. :wink:
Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I feel your pain Tod. Sold a Chevelle (69) project (327/4speed) once to pay for tuition... what a waste... just partied that semester anyways. On the other hand, you were ROCK SOLID for doing what you did. You manned up BIGTIME. It takes some real character to do that. You only sold the CAR; you did not sell your RACING. Scoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -