Bowers Racing Engines / Bret Bowers

Old 05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I suppose Bowers Racing Engines is also tooooo busy giving shop tours to build the engines for you fellows...Hate to hear he has YA"LL by the short hairs right now but just stay tough and he will cough it up as soon as he sees the swinging bars ahead of him....
Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

This says it all

click here>>>> www.bowersracingengines.com/racing.htm
Old 05-21-2007, 04:25 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NOW THAT IS SIMPLE ENOUGH :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

It only cost a little more to go first class has always been my creed....Looks like they need to pay some bills at that site Tom....All the ones that think we are full of crap just go check it out for yourself at www.bowersracing.com/racing.htm and see what happens when you put the screws to people and then it comes back on you...Do you think that is helping his business about right now...HELL NO :!: You have set you own trap, with you own bait and then stepped in it.....Serves your smart ass right too....
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 AM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Default Bret Bowers

I just ran across this thread after searching Google for another way to contact Bret Bowers. I ordered my 540 in Jan. last year and was told that it would be only a few weeks..sounded great!!! Well almost 3 months later and several angry calls left for him, I caught him off guard by using an out of state number that was new to him. After several minutes of excuses he promised it would be out in the next few days. Well, finally 2 weeks later it did show. It wasn't the color block we agreed on having it painted, then I started wondering if it was even a 540. Well, thank god this time I did get ahold of him from my home phone number, and he explained that he must have shipped my motor to someone else and I had theirs..and they were the exact same 540 and i already had the dyno sheets for the wrong one? Well, I don't know if thats true or not, or he just flubbed up on the paint color in the first place? Anyway the engine is a beast, and I guess I ought to thank god for atleast getting it. The reason I have been trying to contact him is for the engine specs that were not sent with the motor in the first place? If it were not for Bowers RJ ad I would have bought something local and missed all the headaches.

One last thing. I have purchased twice from RJ postings and the first transaction was no better. BEWARE of member RAZOR540.<<<I bought the rolling chassis that recieved the better late than never Bowers engine. After traveling several hours to pick up the car, I get there to find out the title is in someone else name a few states away? <<Took forever to get this straightened out! Then, after getting it home and up and running the wheels were so bent he had to have know if he just got done racing it last season. Not to mention the brand new just freshened tranny wouldnt even move...clutches were toasted so had to have it freshened beforeI even got the new surprised of bent wheels. <<There is more but I'm tired of typing..Stay away from BOWERS and RAZOR540!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Glad to hear it all worked out for you although you had alot of aggravation, however please do not blame RJ as they only have control of the advertisers once they have received a legitimate complaint that is fully documented. When presented with the full details I can assure you RJ does not want anything to do with the scammers and will pull their ads and cancel their ip from posting. This does not mean they can not find a way around the systems but remember, a scammer will do anything they can to get your money. Thanks for your post warning others of your deals that were less than satisfactory.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:38 AM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Didn't mean to come off blaming RJ. Its the scammers that prey on sites like this, and especially on Ebay that just kill a good thing. I love racing junk!!! Its my everyday ritual to browse on here....without it I'd be lost. :wink:
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 PM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default B&K Performance Enterprises is also Bowers

B&K PERFORMANCE ENTERPRISES IS ALSO BRET BOWERS JUST FYI
Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 PM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Default B&K Ent.

I recall seeing that name on the shipping crate and was like WTF? :?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bowers motor

i ordered a 632 off bret nov. last year $10000 deposit. depending on options i took like elec. water pump etc. i still owed appr. $4000. months went by emailing and phoning back and forth. finally brett said motor was on dyno billed my card $5575. i immediatley disputed it he called asked me why i told him no motor no money sent me a dyno with a date from month earlier. i new it wasn't true but didn't tell him because i wanted my engine. 3 weeks later i had our local d.a. call theirs to press criminal charges and i emailed telling him so. immediatly got my engine no paper work . credit card called me said he billed me $4000 dollars more. i said thats close to what i owe him but he still didn't notify them that the $5575 was wrong. so i disputed the $4000 also called him 6 times left messages i need true dyno parts list and All desputed money taken off or i just will not pay. never called me again never sent dyno papers or anything else.its been a 10 days now i havn't got the motor in my car yet i just hope he did a good job good luck guys zane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -