Bowers Racing Engines / Bret Bowers

Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default Bowers Racing Engines

I ordered a 540 BBC from Bret in the beginning of Feb. I have copies of all our e-mails and he has a $8000 deposit on my engine. I will be booking a trip to Colorado in june as soon as my friend with the FBI can be available to meet me there. You are Correct about the Interstate wire fraud and I hope it doesn't come down to that. Bret seems to be a nice guy and I think I would be happy with the engine. Problem is that I didn't understand and it wasn't explained to me that it would take this long and his e-mails indicated that it was to be about ready two weeks ago. He no longer returns my calls or e-mails and he has $8000 reasons for me to get worried and pissed off. I hope that I can simply get my engine, be happy with it and there will be no need for anything else. I'm from Slidell La. and I lost alot of our property in the storm. I will not let this issue go, Promise.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BRET BOWERS/ SCOTT/--ANY OTHER DISHONEST BIULDERS!!!!!!-- :idea: :idea: -GIVE IT UP AND DEAL HONESTLY :roll: :roll: ---WE AND LOTS OF OTHERS ARE WATCHING AND SPREADING THE WORD [GOOD OR BAD]-CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default How about the Race Junk people?

Is it possible that the Race Junk powers to be, Can contact Bowers and investigate their intentions? This is the site where I discovered Bowers and this could be the site to ruin him as well if he is scamming. This is the internet age and I found this discussion simply by typing in Bowers Racing Engines on Google and this discussion was at the top. Perhaps it is just a way Bret does business. Maybe he just wants to get the engines done and like someone else said, he probably has a small shop and can't meet the demand in expected time. It's him not calling me back that set me off. I know I have two friends that were waiting to see what Bowers delivered and planned to get their engines from him as well. We are in an area that doesn't have any good racing engine builders that I'm aware of. I keep hoping he'll call an say the engine is ready so I can make plans to swap it before the next race. If anyone contacts himPlease let me know.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:57 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

i see his web site has vanished- has he disappeared?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:36 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

This thread is another PRIME example All it has is his name plastered.

How would anyone expect to help you people without pertinent information.
1)Name
2)Location,Address
3) Telephone number
4) The link to the add in which the items were bought

We need info,if we don't have it we can't give you advise on how and who to contact to get you folks money back

Also its not the responsability of RJ to investage,THATS your job,when you deal with others.Do your homework folks,don't be taken to the cleaners.

If people would have read the forum in the past they would have plainly seen this guy is a swindler,but thats hind site now as we lost all the adds on him,but there have always been adds in here on Mr.Bowers

And a few right now at the moment.You guys need to supply information on your dealings with this guy,If we don't get it,We can't help you

The ball is still in your court,thats why this hasn't been resolved.
But there have been a few get their money back in this situation

I honestly think,It a Rob,Peter to pay Paul thing here
Old 05-19-2007, 04:43 PM
buyer
APPRENTICE

mmm- i did have a look on rj forums for mr bowers before i rang him- no feed back to be found any where- then this s..t happens and i find there were some- but had been deleted. i think its just easier to buy local- less hassle
Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by buyer
mmm- i did have a look on rj forums for mr bowers before i rang him- no feed back to be found any where- then this s..t happens and i find there were some- but had been deleted. i think its just easier to buy local- less hassle
Some guys just don't get it.
Don't go blaming what happened a couple weeks ago for posts being deleted.
You only came in here AFTER the mail didn't come.And started looking around,Like I said in the other thread,buyer,you have belonged to RJ since 2003 and you joined the forum,LAST month,when the mail never came.Its too late

You are all too EASY

You can't even supply the proper info,but I guess if you have it handled on your end,why are you in here?
This guy has had threads in here for the last 6-7 months.

People need to look around before they spend their hard earned money and do their homework
I am done with you and this thread I hope you get your money back,but the way your going,I'd highly doubt it

NO INFO,WE CAN'T HELP
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 AM
nova66ss
SHOW GUEST

[quote="topsportsman1"]This thread is another PRIME example All it has is his name plastered.

How would anyone expect to help you people without pertinent information.
1)Name
2)Location,Address
3) Telephone number
4) The link to the add in which the items were bought

We need info,if we don't have it we can't give you advise on how and who to contact to get you folks money back

Also its not the responsability of RJ to investage,THATS your job,when you deal with others.Do your homework folks,don't be taken to the cleaners.

Final reply from me for now:
Will send all evidence to the Feds tomorrow, including copies of e-mails, bank receipt & so on, all they`ll ever need to nail him. No need for anyone else to bother. Will leave message here how it goes.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default My information

Bret has a business lic. and there are other Bowers in the area. I have e-mails and bank draft documantation for $8000.00 My name is Larry Haik and I can be reached at 985 788-4993. Please call me if you can offer any advice. I'm looking for an easier solution to this crap! I would rather just get the engine that I ordered. I'm sure that Bret has friends that are reading this forum and could talk to him. Why should I have to take action to get my money back, fly to Colorado, and go through this. I was unaware of anything negative with Bowers and I ordered the engine off of an add in Race Junk in the beginning of Feb. of this year. There has to be an easier way. If other guys are pleased with his work then I'm sure I would be as well. The guy that does my chasis work is slow as can be also but I like the job he does. When someone doesn't call you back it makes you think the worst.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default THIS MAY HELP

BRET JUST GOT HIS BUSINESS LIC. IN DEC OF 2006
HE LIVES AT 5530 FOSSIL COURT.
FORT COLLINS CO. 80525

THESE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES

I HAVE CONTACTED THE FRAUD DEPT. IN FORT COLLINS & I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED

I WOULD RATHER GET MY ENGINE! THIS SUCKS, BRET!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -