Roadsters

Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice

i personally DO NOT recomment this car for any un-experieneced driver ( not saying you are)..and i personally will not ever own another one...

good luck to you....my advise to you is stick with a door car...( my opinion only)..
i will try to find some pics of this car and post them..i had them on here a few years back..

Brian
I know what you mean, Brian. I had a rail before the Studebaker, and hated it. It was all the pain in the a$$ of loading and unloading it, moving it around at the shop, high centering on everything everywhere. Near impossible to run one of these as a one man crew, and that is a necessity with me. Makes you miss the good days of hopping in the car and driving on and off the trailer hassle free. Hopefully these issues won't arrise with a roadster. And I've learned, if I'm not comfortable and roomy, I'm not messing with it. Takes all the fun out of a hobby and turns everything into work.

-Tanner
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I just started running my roadster. Got it for a steal, $3500.00 as a roller, just had to put new 4 link brackets on the rear. I did rewire it though and looking at the add you posted I would say that car would need it also but just my opinion and not the best look at it. Hope it works out for you I know that I really like the one I have. Getting it on and off of an open trailer has been an a little bit of a hassle though. I have to jack up the front of the trailer quite a bit but that's all. Here is my racing junk, not top of the line but I like it. This was a couple of weeks before I finished it. Runs 10.0's with a mild 383.

Here are before and after wiring shots, so you can see why I rewired.

Curtis
Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Nice job there Curtis,great looking car also
Old 08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hey Curtis, what does it weight and what gear do you have in it? Just wanna see if I can estimate what this one will do with my 355.

-Tanner
Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

We haven't weighed it yet but the guy I got it from said it weighed about 2000 with his driver in it. It has 4.88 geared 12 bolt. I really think it might have weighed less and that they were guessing. I am going to try and weigh it this weekend we are going to a race they are running in conjunction with a heads up race and the scales will be open. I'll let you know what I find out.

Curtis
Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mcracecars
Brian, the guys up here that have roadsters really seem to like them. It seems if it has a long wheelbase and well built it should not be too much of a handful. Very easy to go fast in one of those, but then you can get carried away with hp and then they get scary. Remember those fuel alterds? Those things would swing around and bite you in the butt with no warning at all....
If you want to run low9s or 8s for cheap, and have the car fit in your garage, they are the way to go... :lol:
But like you, im a doorslammer kind of guy.....
You are exactly right with the overkill on the HP..That is what happened with my altered....NOT FUN to drive at all...

Sam our friend from the UK was itching to get into my altered..and i would have let him if he ever made it to the states..lol

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
topfool
APPRENTICE

I nearly bought a roadster before I got the altered, I still prefer altereds, not that I am that experienced with them, sure are fun tho..
Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Hey tanman did you see this car? It's in Texas also.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/94404...l-Moving-.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/94394...-Roadster.html

Curtis
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

No, I hadn't seen it. Sent him a message. Looks like outside of the ladder bar vs. 4-link, it might be a better deal. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

-Tanner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -