Don't yell at me, I didn't build it...

Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Said Juice & Signs... but we all have our buttons I guess. I cannot stand ARROGANCE.... gets me all fired up.

Bluegrass: You can be glad at the end of the day knowing that you are not like your customers were... how miserable it would be to walk in their shoes... no peace, uptight all the time, not considerate to others, etc... it would SUCK to be like that everyday.

The second commandment is hard. I have to repent on that one sometimes. If only everyone could make a combined effort to carry it out everyday... what would the world be like??
Old 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho
Originally Posted by bjuice
Unfortunatley its just the world we live in..Its Hard and Cold..

Noone wants to help someone anymore..they want to be snide and always has a motive...and for those Good people still out here they can't do a nice deed or they get Hosed Down..

Don't Believe it...try something..while driving in traffic stop and let someone out of a parking lot or cross a lane and just see how many of those people will even bother holding up their hand to say Thanks......you will be amazed !

Even on the internet..there are some that can't even answer a Question without being a DEEK about it....
Are you "that guy" that stops while driving down a main road,and stops to let someone out of a side street???Thats not a good idea,when a guy like me is behind you texting.with that you get a horn blow.
lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Another thing I see with dealing with people,is a lot of people a unhappy and miserable,and they try to bring it to other people,I deal with the public as well,and I can usually tel the ones that are,they just try to be as difficult as they can be,and try to make you feel like crap,just like they do,and when its a woman acting like that,I tell my wife that night she just more secure in our marriage...when its a guy doing it ,I just smile a lot and be real polite.that really pizzes em off,because as soon as you get mad,you have made them happy...............
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho
Another thing I see with dealing with people,is a lot of people a unhappy and miserable,and they try to bring it to other people,I deal with the public as well,and I can usually tel the ones that are,they just try to be as difficult as they can be,and try to make you feel like crap,just like they do,and when its a woman acting like that,I tell my wife that night she just more secure in our marriage...when its a guy doing it ,I just smile a lot and be real polite.that really pizzes em off,because as soon as you get mad,you have made them happy...............
exactly!! I deal with people like that everyday, they come in pissed off at me because their car is broke and they have to buy a $400 parts that they could not get at Napa. I just smile, show no anger, take their money and say thank you. All they want is a negative response out of me to try and use it to their advantage or personal pleasure!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i started in1975 working a parts counter in a small southern town.the peoplle were nice and i really loved coming to work. i could really feel a change in peoples attitudes by the 90s.and it wasnt good.in 98 the last store i worked at the owner and i got into a arguement because hed cuss the customers out, and it got REALLY heated. he reached undr the counter for his pistol and i reached in my beltine behind me and i drew first. hammer back and finger on the trigger, i quit right then. i had enough.for 23 yrs i took and took and took. not anymore. only once in all those years did i actually pull a man across the counter to kick his butt. i stopped after i had him in the floor on myside of the counter. i remember thinking when i was looking down at him , if i hit you, youll win. so i didnt him i told him to leave and never come back to my store again. i admire you sir a man that can take a punishment in a showroom full of people and maintain his cool is a rare trait in todays world.id be in jail.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Damn Outlaw!!!!! Things sure have changed in the parts business. I have never had to carry a piece thats for sure. IF I did, the sevice manager and a few techs might have a problem or a few extra holes before the end of the day! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

I tell you what. When I posted this to blow off some steam I never imagined so many of you could relate to my situation. All of you are 100% right. They wanna see you stoop to their level. Being the bigger man is hard to do sometimes, especially when you're in public. I tell you, things have changed alot in this world. At any given time we have at least 5-6 pistols/shotguns in our dealership. Sounds a little extreme to me when I think about it. But with the way people act, I would say that is imperative to protect both yourself and fellow employees. Working at a dealership, you spend more time with the guy beside you then you do your own family. It would be devastating to try and explain Fred's not coming home to his wife and kids because someones tranny went out. We get threats from people every now and then. Most places might overlook these. We happen to be in a very big hunting and drag racing community. It's rednecks, fast cars and guns everywhere. Hell my finance manager carries a pistol on him everyday. Keeping your cool in the face of confrontation is a hard row to hoe for sure.