WHERE ARE THE PRICES ??? HOW CAN YOU SELL WITHOUT A PRICE?

Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default WHERE ARE THE PRICES ??? HOW CAN YOU SELL WITHOUT A PRICE?

WHERE ARE THE PRICES ??? HOW CAN YOU SELL WITHOUT A PRICE :?: just started to notice that cars are missing the key factor to selling a car> THE PRICE! i know we have been here on the subject before and that sometimes a price cant be given for legal reasons. :arrow: however why cant we put a price on a regular car? i went down the ads and was amazed, then i opened the ad and they wanted no trades cash only? i was thinking > even a child selling cold drinks in front a house puts a PRICE on the the lemon squeezed drink. :lol: i usually pass the' no price ' ads or the 1.00 ads . am i wrong or is it usually a vehicle or part that is overpriced that has NO price listed? do they really think a classic car with a 1.00 price tag is real or just a way to get us to look? i would bet that more things and vehicles are sold that have a price listed than not> :?: lets take a ****** poll ***** but also respond here. :twisted: maybe if we have time look and leave a message for sellers that its better if we have a 'price guide' to start with. :idea: i myself, pass things by, that dont have a price. the local flea market, auto swapmeets, or garage sale usually have things priced, so its easier to sell rather than tell everyone that asks the price. hey :?: maybe its a treat to keep telling the story about the car that slipped by the dealer with all the added options ,copo,and ac, but its not a documented vehicle because of that. its one of 3 that slipped by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rare / hell this car is more than rare than i listed, Elvis owned this when he was married! sorry but i cant document that either but the guy i got it from told me it was true! sorry for the long post but its late i cant sleep so you get to suffer for a few! Happy Holiday and be safe! Pray for the troops and their health while is an active environment, and include the families in your prayers for their patience to stay strong until the day comes for the return of their loved one! pray for the bad give thanks for the good !!! pray for people to price their cars so they can also enjoy the benifits of making a deal and chasing a dream! :wink: or lets pray that the price GOD leaves a price for the seller. i find it hard to believe that someone can list a car without knowing what they want for it?????
Old 11-26-2011, 05:06 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I agree. No price I pass on it.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

True dat :!: :!: :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
True dat :!: :!: :lol:
same here.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:19 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

same----I CAN'T GIVE A PRICE BECAUSE I THUNK IT IS PRICELESS!!!!! :shock:
Old 11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

They don't list a price cuz their stuff is less priced than the pricless junk which is priced waay over what the less priced stuff is and waay under the over priced junk is......
:shock:
Old 11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

PLAYING THE DEVILS ADVOCATE...I would think by not putting a price on a car is a tactic used to try and get someone call to inquire about the car...thats the only reason I could see not posting a price...just a hunch.

I can say when I had my 63 Vette advertised on RJ I had a price posted and they flat wore me out with pm's wanting to trade or making lower counter offers etc....keep in mind this was a 60k plus car and people were pm'ing me asking would I take 55k etc..like they were going to send me 50k money order without the 1st phone call or look up on car... for the record the man I sold the car to actually called me from day 1 until final transaction in person.

so IMO if your really interested in a car your gonna pick up the phone and call and inquire no matter if a price is posted or Not...again JMO

just giving another side of the price thingy !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Not listing/posting a price is most certainly a marketing strategy and effective in 50% of instances depending on market target and item for sale.
High end high price items are targeted to folks who are not overly concerned about how much it is but mostly about WHAT it is, cost being secondary.
Getting into swap meets and the like, I also will keep on cruzin if there's no price tag. I'm usually truckin' along to see what's in every booth so don't have time to wait for the vender to stop BSing with some one in order to ask "how much?" I got things to see and parts to look for, and if he don't want my money bad enough, someone else will. With that in mind I ALWAYS price mark my stuff and some with an 'price negotiable' addendum.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default agree disagree\ why are we pissed when asking how much for ?

i usually figure a non calling looker is more likely NOT buy. i '''agree''' if interested i would just call and i am positive 99% of cars sold took a phone conversation or person to person agreements, i '''disagree''' :lol: that NOT having a price brings out possible buyers. i think NO price brings on lookers, information seekers, and tirekickers [ if thats what we want to call the rest?]. :?: *** did the guy that purchased the vette not see the price first? or soon ask,, how much,, in the first conversation??***** whats usually the first question on a non priced car\ verses a car with a price. if you get a call on a' priced' car the conversation is about the car. :P a NON priced car you have to :twisted: 'work' :twisted: on getting the price for some reason? keeping it simple> :arrow: $$$$ just price the car $$$$ and eliminate the so called lookers\tire kickers\??? work on selling the car and not explaining why its priced the way it is :!: are we afraid to price the car we think is such a deal? ops: why do we get pissed when walmart, krogers, or someone else dont have a price on something we want to buy? :evil: i stand my ground if you want to SELL IT :arrow: PRICE IT :!: :!: :!: WHATS THE BIG HIDDEN REASEN YOU WONT POST THE PRICE YOU HAVE TO TELL IT SOONER OR LATER ANYWAY ???????? i dont like talking on the phone that much.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
edspring1
APPRENTICE

Default PRICE ? yes or no ?

Personaly I have learned to NEVER call or make contact about anything without an advertised price. Without a set advertised price the seller is usually trying to get more than what the item is worth to begin with. Of course thats in the eye of the potential buyer. If there is a price I know if I can afford it or not. This BS without a price just makes me think the seller is somehow not being honest or they really are NOT trying to sell it. The #1 step in ANY purchase to the buyer is {or shud be} CAN I AFFORD IT ! I have never offered anything without a price. I don't see the logic in it. If you want tons of unwanted e-mails, phone calls, and rediculaous offers go ahead and advertise without a price. Then the seller complains after months & months of not being able to sell the item that he/she is tired of all the crap conversations and so on. Then there is the OTHER point. Maybe the seller really doesn't want to sell it, or they will sell but only if they get more money than what it is worth. Or maybe the seller has the need to tell any potential buyer how great and fantastic their item is before the sticker shock...LOL
Anyway I always assume the item is over priced, or the seller is attempting to hide something when there isn't an advertised price.
Maybe the seller is embarrassed to put a price in the add ?
Either way I ahve absolutely no interest in even looking at any adds with 1.00 or no price. I avoid them like a scam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -